FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR
Ron Paul: Well, You Know, the Money IS Pink, so I Was Totally Validated On That One
I am pretty sure Ron Paul just admitted that at least some of the insane conspiracy theory material in his newsletter was his. Dave Weigel notes that Paul was on Jan Mikkelson’s show today, and a caller asked Paul about the newsletters. Paul offered what is now at least his third or fourth different explanation for the content of the newsletters, which is that he wrote some of the content, but not all, and certainly not the racist parts. The caller then went on to make the eminently reasonable point that in addition to the racist stuff, the newsletters contained a lot of material that ordinary people would find, you know, completely insane. Paul’s answer defies belief; unless, that is, you’ve been following the career of Ron Paul:
CALLER: But Dr. Paul, many of the newsletters are filled with conspiracies. You had one newsletter from start to finish with fear that the $50 bill, because it was going to be made pink, and it was gonna have all kinds of things that can track us down, so we should all be afraid that maybe tomorrow they’re gonna require us to turn in all of our old money.
PAUL: The paper money now is pink, you know? No, we haven’t had runaway inflation, but I still fear that.
- Rick Perry is part of an international Bildeberger conspiracy to control the world banking system.
- The U.S. Government covered up the truth of who shot JFK.
- The purpose of the border fence with Mexico is not to keep illegal immigrants out, but to keep United States citizens in.
- The United States and Israeli governments provided the weapons for the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut.
- And now, the United States government redesigned currency in order to implant tracking devices so they could monitor all our movements.