President Obama asks for God’s Blessing upon Planned Parenthood and the Abortion Industry
The Audacity of Evil and a Facade of Lies
Earlier today President Obama delivered some prepared remarks to the Planned Parenthood Conference meeting at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. In just under 15 minutes he extolled the virtues of Planned Parenthood, declared it essential to the health of women across America, and decried its critics as those who wanted to return the status of women’s health back to the 1950s. In short, he lied with every fiber of his being. [Mr. Obama's full remarks can be found here.]
Throughout his remarks Mr. Obama carefully crafted an image of Planned Parenthood that is as far from reality as night is from day.
In two pages of printed text, he never mentioned “abortion.” Instead, he used nice euphemisms like “health care,” “choice,” “contraceptive care,” and a “right to privacy” in making health decisions and deciding when to start a family.
Instead of openly acknowledging what we all know is the true purpose of Planned Parenthood – abortions on demand - Mr. Obama repeatedly referred to cancer screenings. mammograms, and other preventive health care procedures that most – if not all – Planned Parenthood facilities do not even provide. [See the report at www.liveaction.org.]
Based upon Mr. Obama’s remarks, one would never know that the primary purpose of Planned Parenthood is to slaughter unborn children for profit – an obscene amount of profit. A profit greatly enhanced by the fact that the American taxpayer subsidizes the abortion industry. An industry unaffected by sequester cuts.
In fact, Mr. Obama left several important items out of his fictitious account of Planned Parenthood.
1. That the majority of those Planned Parenthood slaughters in the womb are girls and minorities.
2. That representatives of Planned Parenthood have openly advocated infanticide should a child survive an abortion and be born alive. [See here.] Mr. Obama also holds this position but he keeps quiet about it in public. [See his voting record in Illinois.]
3. That investigations by Live Action and other groups have shown that Planned Parenthood has not properly reported instances of child abuse and sex trafficking.
4. That abortion clinics, including those operated by Planned Parenthood, are some of the least regulated surgical facilities in the country and that the left adamantly opposes any regulation as interfering with the practice of women’s health.
5. That the unsanitary conditions found at the Gosnell clinic and the atrocities committed therein are not as rare as the left would have us believe.
Instead of honestly depicting an industry that has viciously slaughtered a generation of children (over 50 million), Mr. Obama actually had the audacity to praise Planned Parenthood for “the lives you’ve saved, women you’ve empowered, families that you’ve strengthened.” Joseph Goebbels and his Ministry of Popular Enlightenment would have been pleased with the rhetorical flourish.
Mr. Obama closed by asking God’s blessing upon Planned Parenthood and the work they do. I will close by asking God to forgive our nation for electing a man who calls evil good and good evil – a man whose whole agenda is a repudiation of the Judeo-Christian worldview and Scripture. “I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice can not sleep forever.” (Thomas Jefferson) Barack Obama and Cecile Richards should remember that as well.