EDITOR OF REDSTATE
The “Republican Main Street Partnership” is Democrat Funded
Steve LaTourette, a former congressman and friend of John Boehner, runs the “Republican Main Street Partnership”. Note the word “Republican.”
As the left-wing Talking Points Memo reported a month ago, LaTourette and his Main Street Partnership have created an affiliated SuperPAC called “Defending Main Street PAC.” Along with the Chamber of Commerce and Republican Leaders, the Main Street Partnership wants to take out troublesome conservatives.
Defending Main Street PAC plans to raise $8 million in this election cycle; by contrast the Senate Conservatives Fund handled $12 million in 2012 and expects to raise even more this time around.
Note, first, that LaTourette spoke with a left-wing site to reveal his plans. Note second that Defending Main Street PAC has had to release its year end campaign finance numbers.
According to its fundraising report, Defending Main Street PAC received its money from a Democrat donor, a group of unions, and an Indian tribe.
- Bonderman, David gave $30000.00 – the Los Angeles Times referred to him as “David Bonderman, a significant contributor to Democrats, “
- Laborers’ Political League Education Fund gave $100000.00
- The Chickasaw Nation gave $50000.00
- International Union of Operating Engineers [EPEC] gave $250000.00
- Laborers’ International Union Of North America (LIUNA) PAC gave $150000.00
- MEBA PAF gave $15000.00 (Marine Engineers Beneficial Association)
- Working for Working Americans-Federal gave $250000.00 (Building Trades / carpenters PAC)
In other words, the “Republican” Main Street Partnership’s affiliated PAC intends to use George Soros connections and Democrat back groups’ money to defeat conservatives.
More troubling, the Republican Main Street Partnership has a lot of ties to Republican leaders. Again, folks, it is us versus them. You pick.