FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR
White House Press Secretary confesses to continuing gender pay inequity at White House.
Nice of them to admit to it, finally.
“I wouldn’t hold up the White House as the perfect example here,” Josh Earnest says of pay equity for women.
— Brian Hughes (@BrianHughesDC) July 2, 2014
Josh Earnest is the new White House Press Secretary, of course – but while I applaud his shockingly new ability to detect objective reality I do have to ask the following questions:
- Why doesn’t the White House live up to its own gender pay inequity rhetoric?
- If the White House thinks that they have a good reason not to live up to that rhetoric, why doesn’t Barack Obama extend that same courtesy to everybody else who uses the same reason?
- If the White House does not think that they have a good reason not to live up to that rhetoric, then why hasn’t the White House done something about the situation?
- Why didn’t the White House do something about the situation years ago?
- When does the White House plan to do something about it?
- Will the White House do something about it?
- So, just how many promises does the White House have to break before they start feeling shame?
- Does anyone at the White House know the definition of the word ‘shame?’
- Does anyone at the White House know the definition of the word ‘hypocrisy?’
- And here’s the big one: why, in fact, should any of us believe the Obama’s administration’s answers to any of the previous questions?
I think that covers it.
Moe Lane (crosspost)