SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Archer:
1) I am a Jude Wanniski-style supply-sider On domestic policy I advocate a flat tax similar (or identical) to what Steve Forbes presidential campaigns of 1996 and 2000. Return the country to the gold standard as Jack Kemp advocated with tying the value of a dollar to the value of an ounce of gold in order to eliminate inflation and the Fed manipulation of the currency to achieve different (and mostly political) goals. Eliminate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac which were created to deal with the catastrophic consequences of leaving the gold standard in the first place (and then proceeded to make extensive problems of their own). 2) constitutional conservative/economic conservative/civil libertarian Long term goals should be to return the country to something resembling a national government which abides by the constitution. Ideally if there's widespread support for accomplishing this, I'd like to see constitutional amendments passed to authorize (and limit) the existence of things like the Food and Drug Administration and the EPA rather than them being completely eliminated or, worse, continuing to exist as a precedent for the national government being allowed to get away with exceeding it mandate. 3) I agree with the morality of the Religious Right but skeptical about the constitutionality of their goal to implement their morality into national law. The choice of the word "law" is deliberate since some of their goals could be addressed on the national level by constitutional amendment rather than through law. Other of their goals should more properly be addressed through state and local governments rather than attempting to have the national government exceed its constitutional limits by creating laws to address their concerns. 4) Undecided on my choice of presidential candidates as of summer 2011. Many un-conservative republicans get away with calling themselves "conservative" for years or decades without revealing their core values by being in charge and choosing a direction to lead. A presidential campaign is ideal to separate the wheat from the chaff as candidates are pressed to reveal exactly what they would do if they were placed in charge. In the pre-Ames Straw Poll debate, one of the candidates (who shall remain nameless for purposes of shame) said when asked why he didn't have proposals on his website about what to do for the economy stated that he was still trying to come up with some ideas. Sorry, but if your problem is trying to come up with some ideas, that's a clear sign that you aren't an economic conservative. Our country is doing so many things wrong that trying to pare down ideas to a readable list ought to be the problem if you have any idea what you are talking about on the subject. 5) As for my personal background, I've wrote political commentary for 13+ years for a variety of now-defunct websites. I'm disabled now and can't produce prolifically anymore. I have work background in business and finance. I have interests in public policy, economics, foreign policy, various sciences, learning new things, and am an information junkie. I have no interest in movies and who is or isn't a movie star. My interest in recent music is almost non-existent.
Sorry, no results were found.
- Conservative Media and The Importance of the Truth
- Water Cooler 4/29/16 – Carly Fiorina – Cancer Survivor, Business Warrior, Faithful Believer
- Bobby Knight Throws Another Chair
- Open Letter to Donald Trump
By: Imre Beke
- The Battle for the Senate in 2016- April News
- Dear Trumpsters Will Please Go Back To Being The Principled Conservatives I Know You Are
By: Ulysses Arn
- Hey, Donald: If this Thing is over & Ted is “Eliminated” Why Not Take Your Name off the Ballot in California?
- Observations of an Establishment Republican
- My Phone Call for Ted Cruz
- While Hillary will almost certainly win the nomination, Bernie Sanders’ commrades are still winning support with the youth…
- Trump’s Inner Tyrant
- Wtercooler 4/28 Open Thread: Hillary’s Classy Campaign: CO2 Increases Food Production
- Why Carly Fiorina Matters
- Five Reasons Why Senator Tim Kaine Will Win Hillary’s Veepstakes
By: Myra Adams
- House Freedom Caucus Chairman Vows to Push Conservative Amendments to Spending Bills
By: Josh Siegel
- Don’t disenfranchise 58.12% of Republican voters!
- Two questions for #Never Trumpers, like myself: Could Trump actually ask Cruz to be his VP, and would/should Ted accept?
- Pimping the Donald – What is Trump’s Relation to Trump Escorts?
By: Imre Beke
- If you think Donald Trump is a conservative, then you might be a liberal.
- Watercooler 4/27 Open Thread: LePage’s Secret Identity, Kasich VP Fun, Weird
- Let’s be honest: Trump had some solid foreign policy ideas
By: Libby Sternberg
- Americans Have Only One Choice in the 2016 Presidential Primaries
- “No Trump Anytime” Coming to a City Near You!
- The Battle for the House in 2016- April News, Part 2
- Family Research Council Requests Congress Investigate Illegal Abortion Funding
- There Shall be One More Debate– Moderated by RNC Chairman Reince Preibus.
- Why #neverTrump
- So How Bad Was Tuesday?
- So what is Ted Cruz’s Major Announcement?
- Never Give In
- Nathan Deal and Donald Trump: A case study in businessman governance.
- “A Republic, if you can keep it.” Donald Trump and the Tyranny of the Mob…
- The Battle for the House in 2016- April News, Part 1
- Hillary’s Risk of Stroke & Toxic Drugs That Cause Confusion
- Helm’s Deep, Indiana
- Donald Trump: A Fitting Figure For America In 2016
- Dear Senator Cruz: It’s Time To Put On The Brass Knuckles
By: Martin Knight
- Doctor Strangelove Comes to Washington
- Trump, The End State Result
- I voted for Ted Cruz today!
By: Dana Pico
- moelane: #rsrh So you've been caught smuggling potato chips into your school.: http://t.co/DPwXsGa2EI