SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Archer:
1) I am a Jude Wanniski-style supply-sider On domestic policy I advocate a flat tax similar (or identical) to what Steve Forbes presidential campaigns of 1996 and 2000. Return the country to the gold standard as Jack Kemp advocated with tying the value of a dollar to the value of an ounce of gold in order to eliminate inflation and the Fed manipulation of the currency to achieve different (and mostly political) goals. Eliminate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac which were created to deal with the catastrophic consequences of leaving the gold standard in the first place (and then proceeded to make extensive problems of their own). 2) constitutional conservative/economic conservative/civil libertarian Long term goals should be to return the country to something resembling a national government which abides by the constitution. Ideally if there's widespread support for accomplishing this, I'd like to see constitutional amendments passed to authorize (and limit) the existence of things like the Food and Drug Administration and the EPA rather than them being completely eliminated or, worse, continuing to exist as a precedent for the national government being allowed to get away with exceeding it mandate. 3) I agree with the morality of the Religious Right but skeptical about the constitutionality of their goal to implement their morality into national law. The choice of the word "law" is deliberate since some of their goals could be addressed on the national level by constitutional amendment rather than through law. Other of their goals should more properly be addressed through state and local governments rather than attempting to have the national government exceed its constitutional limits by creating laws to address their concerns. 4) Undecided on my choice of presidential candidates as of summer 2011. Many un-conservative republicans get away with calling themselves "conservative" for years or decades without revealing their core values by being in charge and choosing a direction to lead. A presidential campaign is ideal to separate the wheat from the chaff as candidates are pressed to reveal exactly what they would do if they were placed in charge. In the pre-Ames Straw Poll debate, one of the candidates (who shall remain nameless for purposes of shame) said when asked why he didn't have proposals on his website about what to do for the economy stated that he was still trying to come up with some ideas. Sorry, but if your problem is trying to come up with some ideas, that's a clear sign that you aren't an economic conservative. Our country is doing so many things wrong that trying to pare down ideas to a readable list ought to be the problem if you have any idea what you are talking about on the subject. 5) As for my personal background, I've wrote political commentary for 13+ years for a variety of now-defunct websites. I'm disabled now and can't produce prolifically anymore. I have work background in business and finance. I have interests in public policy, economics, foreign policy, various sciences, learning new things, and am an information junkie. I have no interest in movies and who is or isn't a movie star. My interest in recent music is almost non-existent.
Sorry, no results were found.
- Clueless Ramblings from Bernie Sanders’ and VA Secretary Robert McDonald
- Can Hillary Clinton lose the general election?
- Watercooler 5/24/16 Open Thread: Racistnativeclimategender
- Nope!!! Still Not Convinced to Vote for Trump
- Trump’s 41% “Win” Was a GOP Scheme Gone Bad; Delegates CAN Fix It
- Cybersecurity and Free Markets
- Clinton Has the Electoral College Advantage…For Now
By: Matt Mayer
- The Trump Effect and the Senate- Part 2: Kentucky
- Marita Noon: Why waste food to replace something we already have too much of?
By: Marita Noon
- Does Hillary Clinton still want a 55 MPH national speed limit?
- Rep. John Culberson – A Hero for Conservative Principles
By: Dean Chambers
- I would like just a few remaining questions answered before I am willing to renounce #nevertrump
- Water Cooler 5/23/16 – OPEN THREAD – Peace Prize Prez, Tooth pics, Fastball, Quickhits
- For those who do not shy away from the ProLife issue
- The Death of Honor
- Weiner: I want to go see this
- Red Tape: The barrier to Trump’s wall is precisely what Trump rails against
By: Myra Adams
- Why I Cannot Vote For Trump (or remain a Republican)
By: Paul Jensen
- Why I May Pull the Lever For Trump: Shooting Oneself in the Head vs. in the Foot
- Fox Business tries to restart old Trump-Cruz feud from February
- NY liberal Trump considers establishment RINO Bob Corker for VP
- In defense of Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin
- Water Cooler 5/22/2016 – OPEN THREAD – EU Nationalism; WMDs & ISIL; Child Abuse in Hollywood; Artist Defied Castro
- Jonah Goldberg lays out why he is not voting for Donald Trump
- Mitt Romney’s Unserious 3rd Party Recruitment Drive
By: Martin Knight
- Trump vs. Clinton: A Daunting and Ominous Electoral Map
- The False Choice of Trump vs Hillary
- Yes, a Trump Presidency would indeed cripple conservatism
- WaterCooler – OPEN THREAD – 5/21/2016 In other news…
- A Low Information World, a Tactic of Spiritual Warfare
- Why has Medicare Fraud Exploded Under Obama?
- Every American Will Care if there’s a Trade War
By: JD Rucker
- Illinois Corruption: Auditor General Frank Mautino Is Under Federal Investigation Over Campaign Spending
By: Ulysses Arn
- A Poem about Bathrooms
By: Libby Sternberg
- Calling BS on Bootlickers Hannity, Gallahger et. al Because I Don’t Slobber at the Altar of Donald Trump
- Hillary’s Love Letter to Liz Warren: Thanks For Taking The Money and (Not) Running
By: Steve Berman
- Protecting Incumbents From Citizens?
- What is your/America’s tipping point? Or is there one?
- High Sparrow Sanders and the Democrat Faith Militant Still Challenging Queen Hillary
- GOP Backs Most Repugnant Candidate EVER.
- moelane: #rsrh So you've been caught smuggling potato chips into your school.: http://t.co/DPwXsGa2EI