The plaintiff in a state lawsuit to stop Kentucky from illegally accepting ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion is dropping House Speaker Greg Stumbo as a defendant in the case.
David Adams of Nicholasville, plaintiff in two current cases involving Kentucky’s controversial role in attaching itself to unfunded mandates in the so-called “Affordable Care Act,” said the move involves legal and political realities.
“Speaker Stumbo and Governor Beshear are of one mind in this matter, I’m already suing Beshear and under Kentucky law, Stumbo is essentially just a legislator,” Adams said. “That means he probably can claim legislative immunity to a lawsuit.”
“But when President Stivers went on television this week and showed himself clearly to be on the wrong side of Kentuckians’ rights in the Medicaid expansion issue just as Republicans in other states are caving in, it became clear to me what needed to be done,” Adams said.
“President Stivers wants to have it both ways in accepting the Medicaid expansion by illegal means while claiming to be against it,” Adams said. “And if he really thinks he is immune to a court challenge as a member of the legislature, he should read Section 85 of the Kentucky Constitution.”
“That’s why I’m suing President Stivers to stop him from acting illegally to accept the Medicaid expansion.”
Stivers’ claim of legislative immunity comes up for debate in Franklin Circuit Court at 9 am ET on Monday, July 15.
- Rundown: Control of the Senate part 2 (UPDATE)
- Every Democrat candidate for the senate MUST be made to answer one simple question: Will you support a bill to repeal Obamacare? Period!
- ACLU suing bishops over hospitals’ Pro-Life guidelines
- Tennessee State Senator Devises Plan To Circumvent 17th Amendment
- Democrat Hypocrisy for the Environment and Light Rail
- South Korea Order Would Drive F-35 Per-Plane Cost Lower
- Dilemma: Put personal info on HealthCare.gov or Facebook?
- Who is REALLY behind that new “gun rights” group?
- why should there be any sales tax at all?
- It’s time for Louisiana voters to heed the words of Mary Landrieu
- Hayek’s Spontaneous Ordering Forces
- Wendy Davis reminds us she’s still running for office
- John Roberts was wrong on Obamacare
- The Watercooler ~ Even Californians Turning on Obama as Dems Running Scared
- Radio talk show host fall for an “April fools” cyber Monday joke.
- Time again for “the count.” Are you a PC? If not, why not?
- Are you ready for the #WHYouthSummit?
- Assessing the 2014 Senate Races- Part 2: The Northeast and South
- illinois pension reform is a joke
- The GOP Establishment Cannot Be Defeated Unless You Help
- Quelle Surprise! Five years of Barack Obama undermining American influence in the world…
- What Ever Happened to Optimism?
- Update on Internet Sales Taxes
- GITMO and Prisoner’s of the Womb.
- Obamacare “Essential Benefits” Rendered Most Insurance Policies Obsolete
- Google Still Trying to Hijack Patent Legislation
- Obamacare’s Pre-existing Problem
- The knockout game how to fix it
- CRASH THE SITE
- Ivy League Word Games Undermine Human Dignity
- I call upon all of Red State to help!
- President George Washington’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- Assessing The Wake of Legislative Hiroshima
- Iran: Trusting Obama
- With a Nod to Marvin Gaye: Here’s What’s Goin’ On…
- Thanksgiving for a Country Under God!
- Stirring up a hornets nest of liberals in Charleston, SC
- Homosexuality, Transvestism, Macy’s, McDonald’s, and Thanksgiving!
- The key roles property rights and economic freedom played in the 1st Thanksgiving and why they are still relevant.
- Thanksgiving 2013: Obama-Zombie Talking Point Survival Guide… OY!!
- Thinking Outside the Obamacare Box
- Justice Department to sue websites for non-compliance of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Does Religion Cause the Most Wars?
- If you like your country you can keep your country: Part II, Democrats Seats
- Why The National Guard Is Not A Militia
- Talking Turkey About Obamacare
- Why Hasn’t Obama Fired Sebelius?
- What Nurses Can Teach Republicans
- Of Tea Party and Ideology
- Eschatology 101
- Why ACA must be repealed, not “fixed”.
- Support Your Local Socialist
- Rob Maness Gets His Man Card Revoked
- GOP: No healthcare plan of their own.
- NYT Obama Photobomb Captioning
- The Conservative Grievance Industry
- Let it Burn!
- Working on Thanksgiving Do-Gooders Need To Mind Their Own Business
- The Democrats’ Power Politics
- Obama at DreamWorks in La La Land Today Speaking About (Fairytale) Economy
- JUST GO AWAY! Jesse Jackson Joins Oprah Winfrey: Hostility toward Obama is most against any POTUS in history
- Iran: Complete and Unmitigated Surrender
- Bogus TSA fee hikes should be stopped
- Much like the frog our water is boiling!
- Senator Mike Lee: A Man with a Plan
- Chris Christie would be a Terrible Nominee
- Stockholm Syndrome at RS?
- Point by point response to Rep Steve Israels Op Ed on CNN.com
- Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Jerk (see I know how to get attention, too!)
- Judge Jeanine Pirro is tearing up the airwaves tonight…
- The GOP’s “New Coke” Strategy Isn’t Working
- Mark Udall, the Partisan High Jumper
- 50-100 Million Americans Could Lose Their Health Insurance
- The California Tax Revolt
- JFK belongs to us all
- Mr. Duncan how about a common core political standard?
- Harry Reid’s Gift To All Of Us
- Quick questions on the court packing
- The Governor Has no Coattails: GOP Fails to Gain a Single Seat in NJ Senate
- The Nature of Things
- in Utah 5 reasons not to sign their petition
- Obama’s Direct Enrollment “Fix” is Likely Illegal
- Cuba, New Mexico High School Student Forced to Choose Between Graduation and God
- Here’s how you get a death spiral
- Fire This Congressman
- The real reason gun controls won’t work
- 2001: a space odyssey in healthcare
- Bare-assed in the Bluegrass
- Congress Does Something Right!
- A real Obamacare fix
- The Obama Wedding Tax
- Why a strong conservative lost in LA-05
- The Threshold of a Reckoning (Redux)
- Real-Life Democrat Excuses Obamacare with Bush Iraq War
- moelane: #rsrh Why Big Labor thinks that McJobs are more fertile ground than Dirty Jobs.: http://t.co/v4uLIfohrx
- VladimirRS: TX oil prod. rate breaks record in September http://t.co/VROEffYaI1 #rsrh 2.7 million bbl/day, high since '81, +150% since Jan '10.
- moelane: #rsrh "Pressure.": http://t.co/nSiVA77YB2
- moelane: #rsrh You can blame @TwitchyTeam* for this #pivot post. : http://t.co/1KFGK8Vt9c
- moelane: #rsrh A discussion of the suggestion regarding the possibility of theoretically firing someone over #obamacare.: http://t.co/5b75MGjI86
- Aaron_RS: RT @moelane: #rsrh Younger Millennial voters shifting hard towards GOP.: http://t.co/cAnjygqoO2
- moelane: #rsrh Younger Millennial voters shifting hard towards GOP.: http://t.co/cAnjygqoO2
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, @barackobama Only Lacks A Volcano Lair edition. #obamacare: http://t.co/CcMZMP3iwv
- moelane: #rsrh Bankruptcy judge removes preferential treatment for Detroit's pension obligations.: http://t.co/1pnFgm54LP
- moelane: #rsrh NYT (!) to Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D) (!!): enough with the asbestos scam (!!!!!).: http://t.co/pwlIv8ARp3
- moelane: #rsrh Washington Post: One-third error rate for #Obamacare applications.: http://t.co/dK4APYXALv
- cayankee: ObamaCare is such an epic Failure Obama offers to bail out the insurance companies. http://t.co/J490DzSnFz #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh *Other* Tweet of the Day, ...Reality Has Defeated Me edition. #WHyouth: http://t.co/bqez6UDPB7
- CalebHowe: ObamaCare and the Totalitarian Mindset /by @jamestaranto http://t.co/esrQugPSLR #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Senator Al Franken (D, Minnesota) is in more trouble than the Democrats want to admit.: http://t.co/QZXFFNlSSf
- EWErickson: RT @MelissaTweets: RT @moelane: #rsrh Why did Mother Jones make their interns (now 'fellows') sign up for food stamps?: http://t.co/kkpQZIN…
- moelane: #rsrh Why did Mother Jones make their interns (now 'fellows') sign up for food stamps?: http://t.co/zVM2HHDOhF
- cayankee: Don't miss Peter Berkowitz's: Liberals' Love-Hate Relationship With the Law. http://t.co/vbcWd23Syj #tcot #RSRH
- RSBooBooKitty: Low Obamabar: Economy, unemployment, and ACA website (http://t.co/AymjUv5NnE) are now "better"... better than a knife in the back? #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Rejoice, o Beltway party hostesses: @barackobama will be sticking around.: http://t.co/r01m78h9Z1
- moelane: #rsrh The Plum Line is officially alarmed that the GOP will win in 2014/2016.: http://t.co/F0V1cMDAya
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, I Almost Invoked The Mercy Rule edition. #obamacare: http://t.co/mFyRmKBE9C
- Aaron_RS: RT @CalebHowe: Obamacare website puts on new face for repair deadline day. #rsrh #tcot http://t.co/yAfBQhQrWR
- CalebHowe: Obamacare website puts on new face for repair deadline day. #rsrh #tcot http://t.co/yAfBQhQrWR
- presjpolk: 2013 the mildest hurricane season since 1982. Funny, it didn't get widely reported. http://t.co/SwBk1g3O00 #rsrh
- CalebHowe: RT @FreedomWorks Why Does the Left Hate Black Friday? http://t.co/Uh2rVCgubi Good question asked by @Exjon #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh The 'Mystery' of Denis McDonough?: http://t.co/XTj2K5Sq7f
- RSBooBooKitty: @ezraklein As God as my witness, I thought this turkey would fly. http://t.co/CeJavEMOlo #obamacare #rsrh