Presenting a Christian Voting Checklist With Biblical References – Circulating Around Today
It is important to note major news outlets have predicted that the Evangelical vote could be the group that wins the White House for Romney.
With that in mind, this Christian checklist was sent to me today by a friend in Fairfax County, Virginia. (A swing county in a swing state.)
If you are a Christian this checklist will help answer the question - How will I vote?
1. I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Prov.6:17).
2. I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who bless Israel & curses those who don’t (Gen.12:3).
3. I will vote for the most pro-marriage candidate, because God is for marriage as He defined it in Genesis 2:24.
4. I will vote for the candidate who most closely believes government’s purpose is to reward the good & punish the evil (Romans 13).
5. I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate, because the borrower is servant to the lender (Prov.22:7).
6. I will vote for the most pro-work candidate because God says if a man does not work, let him not eat (2Thess.3:10).
7. I will vote based as close as I can on God’s infallible Word which is “… given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2Tim. 3:16-17).
8. And after I vote, I will rest knowing that whoever gets elected, God is the one who puts all men in authority to either His glory or to man’s own destruction (Dan.2:21).