I can't take it anymore. I am endorsing nobody at this point. Everyone is either clinically insane or an incompetent presidential candidate. I'm going to list them in order of likelyness of me whole-heartly supporting in the general, to the one I will refuse to vote for in the general (and you already know who that person is).
Let me tell you why I can't support any of them right now:
- Rick Santorum - I can actually see myself canvassing for him in the general election. I would support him except that he's been up and down Iowa and is still not polling there. This leaves me to believe that no one wants yet another US Senator as President.
- Newt Gingrich - Gingrich has completely disappointed me since switching to his side. This whole hauling judges in front of congress has upset even me. He has been slightly incompetent since gaining front-runner status and has thus turned me off of him. Still much better than some below.
- Rick Perry - I was going to jump ship from Herman Cain's camp to Rick Perry when he first joined the race, except he forever lost me with the "You're Heartless If You Don't Agree With Me" comment.
- Michele Bachmann - Again, another career congressperson seeking the highest office in the land. She was elected to the US House when the first of two purges of Republicans and survive the second one, but she lacks executive office experience. Still, I think she should stay in the House and shoot for Speakership. She also hasn't gain back the following that she lost to Rick Perry. Do the voters know something I don't?
- Mitt Romney - Massachusetts Moderate. You know I used to be a Moderate, however that has gone out the window since Obama has been elected. The fact he won't disavow RomneyCare, scares the HELL out of me. I fear he'll want to fix ObamaCare rather than repeal it and replace it. I also fear he won't wait until he's elected to make this known (like, after he's nominated while shooting the finger to Tea Party Conservatives). He'll have to pick someone, like for example, Paul Ryan before I will vote for him in the general.
- Jon Huntsman - No. Trust him even less than Romney.
- Ron Paul - This is the clinically insane one. If you thought Obama's Apology Tour '09 was offensive, just you elect Ron Paul. I believe in short order he would make friends with the likes of Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Five months after taking office Israel will be attacked. The world would fall into chaos because he will refuse to take action to help our allies like South Korea. I fear a Ron Paul Administration more so than Obama's second term. At least Obama can be controled domestically to a degree if he has a Republican Congress. So I absolutely refuse to vote for Ron Paul. I will also not vote for Obama. I will instead focus on the US Senate race in Florida.
So there you have it. I don't care for any of the candidates at this moment in time. I can't even seeing myself getting the energy to vote in the primary on Januray 30th. Maybe things will change and I might get behind a candidate, but right now that seems like a long shot.
Ban me for outright refusing to vote for Ron Paul in the general if that makes you feel better. I really don't care at this point. I just can't and won't vote for the man. I'm just making a stand and statement against him. I want to see Obama defeated in this election, but there has got to be a better way than Ron Paul.