FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR
Obama budget – more spending than anyone can comprehend
With his debt-busting budget which contains a $trillion tax increase, President Obama plans to have the Federal government spend 25 percent of the entire U.S. economy – one out of every four dollars produced in the U.S.
Obama’s massive spending plan puts the Democrat-controlled Congress on track to double the national debt by 2010 – to $17.6 trillion, after just four years of controlling the national purse strings.
At FoxNews they tried to put $3.6 trillion in perspective:
- If you spent $1 million an hour, non-stop for 24 hours a day, you wouldn’t run out of money for 411 years.
- If you took 3.6 trillion one-dollar bills, and placed them end-to-end, that line of bills would reach from Capitol Hill to the sun and then back to Capitol Hill and then back to the sun — and then almost all the way back to Capitol Hill again.
The uncontrolled spending binge Obama and the Democrats are on — the $800 billion so-called stimulus, the $410 billion spending bill under consideration in Congress, the tax and borrow Obama budget spending plan, and a doubled national debt — is an incomprehensible amount of money.
Think of a trillion in terms of seconds. We all know how long a second is. A million seconds is 13 days. A billion seconds is 31 years. A trillion seconds is 31,688 years. Think of the ongoing spending orgy in terms of seconds and perhaps we can grasp what Obama and Democrats are spending and borrowing:
- 0.410 trillion seconds (Congress’ proposed spending bill) is 12,992 years.
- 0.634 trillion seconds (Obama’s down payment on health care reform) is 20,090 years.
- 0.787 trillion seconds (Obama’s so-called stimulus) is 24,938 years.
- 1.75 trillion seconds (Obama’s proposed deficit) is 55,454 years.
- 3.27 trillion seconds (the actual cost of the so-called stimulus)
- 3.6 trillion seconds (Obama’s budget) is 114,077 years.
- 8.67 trillion seconds (the national debt the Democrats inherited) is 274,735 years.
- 17.6 trillion seconds (the projected 2010 national debt under Obama’s budget) is 557,709 years.
A trillion here, a trillion there; sooner or later you run out of time.