I signed up for this thing way back in July, and after the Christopher Buckley endorsement, I wanted to find a way off the boat. Unfortunately, with cruises you are stuck after a certain point (like when they have your money).
So I am just a little disgusted with a number of them, and am in the mood to have some frank discussion with them over dinner. Here are some of the messages I want to give them:
1) They are too cocooned within the DC/NY social scene, and completely miss the mood of the country.
2) If they are going to engage in trying to shape the direction of the party during them primaries, then they damn well better be on board and fight as partisans during the general election. Trying to stay "above it all" doesn't help, and gives the opposition aid and comfort.
3) If Obama won, I'm going to be pointing out how their drumbeat of negativity helped get him elected.
4) If McCain won, I'm going to be pointing out how their living inside the media spin affected their opinions and that they completely misunderstood the nature of the country.
5) Most importantly, if they want conservatism to succeed are a governing philosophy, then they need to get their noses out of the air and fight against the Left. They don't get to sit on the sidelines and gripe about the encroaching leftism in the media, schools, courts, etc...
So help me frame the message I'm bringing with me. What would YOU want to say to Rich Lowry, Jonah Goldberg, and the rest over a beer?