I have long realized that this was the case, and discussed it with friends. I discussed it, in fact, just this weekend at the Michigan Tea Party Convention. What I am referring to is the combination and culmination of the works of Saul Alinsky and his Rules for Radicals approach to revolution, and of the Marxist sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven [Cloward-Piven Theory] approach to overloading a bureaucratic system to achieve change.
It is my contention that President Barack Obama is the disciple of these Marxist revolutionaries, along with their contemporaries Bill Ayers, Wade Rathke and George Wiley, who all have influenced the current president.
I was about to finally sit down and do the long, and arduous task of putting together all of the necessary links to make my case…when I discovered that the work had already been done for me.
Yes, Google is [sometimes] your friend. As I began my search for materials, I discovered that last September, before the election, James Simpson of the American Thinker had already done a masterful job of laying out the case for Orchestrated Crisis.
The flow chart above, which accompanies that American Thinker article lays out a pretty good case for the orchestration of crisis theory. But, even so, it is out of date, as since his election additional links within the web of deceit that is this Marxist conspiracy have come to light.
The work already done for me in this superb American Thinker piece, I will simply highlight some of the salient points as they affect us today, and add a few thoughts of my own.
But first, a quick look at Saul Alinsky’s book, Rules for Radicals.
His dedication page begins thus:
“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to
the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history… the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
From page 10 of his book:
“A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into the third stage of reorganization into a new social order of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and finally the last stage — the political paradise of communism.”
Unlike the Russian Marxists who achieved their revolution through violent force of arms, Alinksy sought his Marxist revolution through a gradual change of the system — forcing social change upon the system until a Communist state was the only option left.
It is important to remember that Saul Alinsky was a respected Academician, teaching at one of the most prestigious universities in this nation — and so he had the opportunity to influence and direct the public education of many of today’s leaders. William Ayers, Hillary Clinton, President Barack Obama, Wade Rathke and George Wiley were all brought either directly or indirectly into his influence and power.
His “Rules for Radicals” are distilled down into thirteen precepts;
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat…. [and] the collapse of communication.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time….”
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside… every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and ‘frozen.’…
“…any target can always say, ‘Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?’ When your ‘freeze the target,’ you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments…. Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the ‘others’ come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target…’
“One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other.”
Daily, we see the tactics laid out above, singularly and combined, used by the Obama Administration to further his agenda of change.
The Cloward-Piven strategy was originally outlined in The Nation Magazine and is summarized by David Horowitz thus:
The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis. The “Cloward-Piven Strategy” seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.
Today, we are seeing that flood of demands coming not from radical anarchists working at the fringe, but from the Executive Branch of government, hastening the collapse of Capitalism. The media overload they are creating has the secondary effect of overwhelming the people, stifling dissent as they find themselves surrounded by radical change.
As explained in that article in The Nation crisis is defined:
By crisis, we mean a publicly visible disruption in some institutional sphere. Crisis can occur spontaneously (e.g., riots) or as the intended result of tactics of demonstration and protest which either generate institutional disruption or bring unrecognized disruption to public attention.
And that crisis is brought about by:
1. The offensive organizes previously unorganized groups eligible for government benefits but not currently receiving all they can.
2. The offensive seeks to identify new beneficiaries and/or create new benefits.
3. The overarching aim is always to impose new stresses on target systems, with the ultimate goal of forcing their collapse.
What we are finding today is every group finding itself eligible for government benefits — rich, poor, weak and strong. All business is finding itself suddenly engulfed by government.
The American Thinker piece outlines how ACORN has been instrumental in bringing about the current crisis through its housing demands, and how President Obama was a part of that.
In the 1980s, groups such as the activists at ACORN began pushing charges of “redlining”-claims that banks discriminated against minorities in mortgage lending. In 1989, sympathetic members of Congress got the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act amended to force banks to collect racial data on mortgage applicants; this allowed various studies to be ginned up that seemed to validate the original accusation.
ACORN showed its colors again in 1991, by taking over the House Banking Committee room for two days to protest efforts to scale back the CRA. Obama represented ACORN in the Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 1994 suit against redlining. Most significant of all, ACORN was the driving force behind a 1995 regulatory revision pushed through by the Clinton Administration that greatly expanded the CRA and laid the groundwork for the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac borne financial crisis we now confront. Barack Obama was the attorney representing ACORN in this effort. With this new authority, ACORN used its subsidiary, ACORN Housing, to promote subprime loans more aggressively.
The revisions also allowed for the first time the securitization of CRA-regulated loans containing subprime mortgages. The changes came as radical “housing rights” groups led by ACORN lobbied for such loans. ACORN at the time was represented by a young public-interest lawyer in Chicago by the name of Barack Obama. (Emphasis, mine.)
Having orchestrated the mortgage house-of-cards collapse that brought about the financial house-of-cards collapse, which caused the credit house-of-cards collapse, which lead to the automobile house-of-cards collapse, all of which has contributed to the staggering unemployment house-of-cards collapse — President Obama has now rewarded ACORN with billions of dollars in new ‘stimulus’ money, with which to carry on its valuable work.
And the public, bombarded on all sides with media calling for the very solutions that caused the crisis — supporting the perpetrators who initiated the crisis — throw up their hands in disgust and give up.
If we allow this to happen, they have won.