Please don't recommend this. This is not a 'diary' per se, it's a reference point. In my ongoing Fredhead series, I want to be able to put up a simple link for the Fredhead Archives, which I can update as I add new articles. This is that link.
The Fredhead Archives, in the order posted:
- Jan 19, 2008 : You are nowhere NEAR done with Fredheadedness - the preamble : On the occasion of Fred losing the SC primary and dropping out of the race. Fred is out, but conservatives will not meekly crawl back into the shadows.
- Jan 22, 2008 : Sending off a warrior-chieftain : Fred's presidency on the funeral pyre, the way the great ones go out.
- Jan 24, 2008 : Fred-headedness 1 - paging RedState scholars - can we actually define baseline conservatism? : EPU, neophyte conservative student, embarks on a search for conservative scholarship, and discovers Russell Kirk, the modern disciple of Edmund Burke. It rambles, but it introduces the Ten Conservative Principles, and recites Fred Thompson's First Principles as a derivative from those.
- May 7, 2008 : What Fredheads want - offering the Olive Branch : my masterpiece on conservatism, my best prose EVER, as far as I am concerned. It was my offer as a Fredhead to make peace in the Republican camp for the duration of the election season. [The offer was rejected by the McCain camp at RedState.]
- May 9, 2008 : Fred-headedness 2 – Conservatism School Back in Session: : Kirk's Principle #1: there exists an enduring moral order. In the future, I want to take another crack at this one.
- June 5, 2008 : Pssst! Hey, Fredheads - over here for a confab : a call to my fellow Fredheads to put aside differences and join forces with the McCain campaign.
- Nov 18, 2008 : Fredheadedness 3 -- Conservative Discipleship : Learn conservatism well enough to turn around and teach it to others.
- Nov 19, 2008 : Conservatism….Defined : Aaron Gardner guest-drives the Fredhead train, offering a nice compact synopsis of each of Kirk's Ten Conservative Principles
- Nov 25, 2008 : Fredheadedness 4 - Principle #2: Acknowledging the Wisdom of the Ages Kirk's Principle #2 : the conservative adheres to custom, convention, and continuity, unofficially covers #3 also, the principle of prescription.
- April 2, 2009 : Fredheadedness 5 — Principle #4: Consider the Consequences : Kirk's Principle #4, conservatives are guided by their principle of prudence.
- Oct 28, 2009 : Fredheadedness 6: Equal freedom, not interchangeable parts : Kirk's Principle #5 : conservatives pay attention to the principle of variety.
I'll add others as we go. Keep this reference handy.