I wholeheartedly believe that most foundational concepts regarding liberty, accountability, and responsible governance are really, really easy. Those truths that are not astoundingly obvious (like ‘it IS NOT the government’s job to regulate my salt intake‘) are at least fairly obvious to the average 4th grader (like ‘it IS the federal government’s job to secure the borders’).
This one is dedicated to the 41, the Republicans in the United States Senate. Considering the intended audience, I will stick to small words and easy concepts.
So here we go.
When to use the filibuster
- When the Democrats submit a bill and it’s over 300 pages, filibuster it.
- When the Democrats submit a bill passed in the House that was not posted on the internet for 72 hours before the House vote, filibuster it.
- When the Democrats submit a bill, the proceedings of which involved locking Republicans out of meetings, changing the locks on doors, or other dishonest shenanigans designed to write the bill without Republicans knowing what was in it, filibuster it.
- When the Democrats submit a bill that authorizes a single penny toward funding the tiniest portion of BambiCare™ or Cap-and-Steal, filibuster it.
- When the Democrats submit a bill that authorizes more of the failed and unAmerican Democrat policies, and attaches it to something great and important that they think you would not dare filibuster, filibuster it.
- When the Democrats submit anything at all during a proposed lame duck session after America massacres them on November 2, filibuster it.
- When Barack submits a nominee for any judicial seat who obviously has no intention of being guided by the Constitution, filibuster him or her.
- When Barack submits a nominee for any cabinet post or anything else which requires a Senate confirmation who obviously has no intention of being guided by the Constitution, filibuster him or her.
But, but, but….it’s not nice to use the filibuster
Listen, sweet cheeks. This is not the 4H Club, and what’s at stake is not who brings next week’s milk and cookies. This is the capital of the United States, the last best hope for the freedom and good of all mankind. What is at stake is that freedom, and the free market system and accumulated wisdom that it protects.
The Democrats, like common street hoodlums, are busy dismantling and looting the wealth and freedom of the country. You, the 41, are in a position to stop them. The filibuster is a tool provided you. Its standard use has been defined by the Democrats.
It’s not a time for nice. It’s a time to save the country. Shut up and use it.
The president is entitled to his nominees
What idiot said that? Somebody who flunks Constitution 101, and badly. Actually I know who likes to say that, and yes, he is an idiot.
The Constitution provides that these positions are to be nominated by the president, with the advice and consent of the Senate. That means president is entitled to his nominees, and the Senate is entitled to give or withhold its consent. If the Senate does not consent, the nominee does not get the position. Just ask Robert Bork. And Miguel Estrada. And John Bolton.
If you have enough reason to withhold consent, withhold consent. And once again, precedent set by Democrats indicates that the filibuster is acceptable to block nominees. That means 41 can withhold consent. Democrats made the rules. Let them live with them.
Elections have consequences
Yes, indeed they do. In November 2008, the voters of America elected enough Republicans to have 42 in the Senate. In other words, Americans elected enough Republicans to have enough for the filibuster, plus a spare. The Democrats stole one seat (Minnesota) and bought another (Pennsylvania) through illegal acts that subverted the will of the electorate.
But America answered back defiantly. America has spoken. She said “STOP THE DEMOCRATS!!!!” Scott Brown’s election has consequences. We have 41, and we elected 43. Let the Democrats deal with the consequences of that.
So, are we clear on this?
I tried to use small words and short sentences. I hope you got the message (even shorter version – STOP THE DEMOCRATS!!!!!!). While I have your attention, could a couple of you burly guys take Lindsey Graham out behind the school bus and beat the crap out of him?
Hey, it’s one small favor. Just askin’.