2. Rush’s Rams
“RRRAAAACCCCIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”That’s what the MSM had to say in comments about Rush Limbaugh’s recent bid to purchase the St. Louis Rams. According to some guy I overheard at the mall, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs suggested that Limbaugh owning the Rams “is exactly the same as slavery, but fatter.” And then there’s what Helen Thomas probably said, “Rush to what window? With a ram? Where’s my sweater?”So in honor of the controversy, I’ve compiled a top ten list of some completely ridiculous but totally true and not fake quotes of famous people who are not (or so they claim) Rush Limbaugh. These are, like, so teh true. For really real. Really. No … really.
THE TOTALLY REAL AND NOT FAKE QUOTES SHENANIGANZA TOP TEN10. Democrat Fritz Hollings of South Carolina thinks being from Africa makes you a cannibal: “You’d find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they’d just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva.”
9. Howard Dean reaches out: “I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.” 8. California Democrat Diane Watson thinks interracial marriage is icky: “He’s married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn’t want to be black.”7. Howard Dean thinks service positions are for minorities, not big fancy white people: “You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? … Only if they had the hotel staff in here.”6. Joe Biden explains why southern Democrats should vote for him: “My state was a slave state.”
4. Hillary Clinton does an impression (complete with accent) of an African-American man who didn’t know what Emily’s List was: “She’s supportin’ all these people. She’s supportin’ Sen. Dianne Feinstein . She’s supported Sen. Barbara Boxer . . . She supported everybody. Why won’t she support me?”3. Democratic Mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin denies that white people might live in New Orleans: “I don’t care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day.””2. Democrat Steny Hoyer reviews Michael Steele’s career: “[He has] a career of slavishly supporting the Republican Party.” 1. Then Senator Joe Biden fills us in on who works at convenience stores: “You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent … I’m not joking.”
Don’t look at me that way. I told you they were really real. Did you think I was joking? Well I wasn’t. Every single one of those quotes is a real, legitimate, well-sourced quote. Totally real; not fake. Now ask yourself why the unsourced fake Limbaugh quotes get so much more play than these actual statements. Not so funny anymore, huh?
2. Rush’s Rams
You know, it says something pathetic about the left that Rush Limbaugh has been on the air 3 hours a day, 49 weeks a year, for over 20 years and they have to resort to made up quotes to hurt him and his business endeavors.What is even more pathetic is that the NFL has shown greater tolerance for murderers, drug dealers, rapists, and dog killers than a talk show host.Please click here for the rest of the post.
Raised by parents that were instrumental in integrating the races in my South Carolina hometown in the 60s and 70s, I was receptive in my youth to the Democratic Party’s rhetoric of racial inclusion. I practiced affirmative action in my law firm in the 80s and became a party official; but almost from the beginning of my political activism there was some unease with my liberal associations.Fellow democrats giggled about an empire Reagan correctly denounced as evil; ignored the success of tax cuts; and hired mostly white paralegals. As a very young county party chairman I was appalled at hostility to people of faith by my party elders, as well as the unfair demonization of Republicans as racist and uncaring for the poor.I admit at this time that I suffered from extreme, classic Democratic Party class envy and that later on, my reluctance to change parties while still in my hometown was due partly to this and cowardice, but I couldn’t deny that among the legal community and members of my church, it was invariably mostly the Republicans that actually hired blacks.Then I heard the Wonder of Rush . . .Please click here for the rest of the post.
Yesterday, unexpectedly, Robert Wexler (D-FL) resigned from Congress. No one saw it coming. One of the suggestions is that he may be up for the ambassadorship to Israel. But it makes little sense for him to resign before confirmation, let alone the nomination.Based on a Charlie Crist campaign manuever, I’m wondering if Wexler might actually be facing an indictment and trying to get out of it.Charlie Crist is closely connected to Alan Mendelsohn, a Hollywood, Florida eye doctor and big time fundraiser for Crist. Mendelsohn was on Crist’s gubernatorial transition team and is a close friend. Unexpectedly, authorities recently arrested Mendelsohn and several others in a serious corruption probe.To distance himself from Mendelsohn’s taint, Charlie Crist, acting as Governor trying to save a flailing Senate bid, called for a statewide grand jury investigation of government corruption.In the news article, there is this curious line . . .Please click here for the rest of the post.
While Senator Snowe’s yes vote in the Senate Finance Committee was a shock to liberals and conservatives, it is neither a defeat for conservatives nor a victory for liberals. The bill would have passed Committee regardless of how Sen. Snowe voted.Senator Snowe, in her own words, said her vote was a maybe on the Senate floor. Smart political observers like Carrie Budoff Brown at Politico understand that Snowe’s vote radically increases the likelihood of Dem-on-Dem political violence over any single significant move to the left that the Democratic Leadership contemplates when they attempt to merge the bill.Think of the Snowe vote as tent pegs holding the bill in place, while liberal generated wind storms attempt to move the tent to the left. The chances of the pegs coming out and the tent being blown like a tumbleweed are real and will be devastating to the bill.Please click here for the rest of the post.
Kudos to Michael Steele. The Politico is reporting what we said would happen some months ago.
“Chairman Steele hasn’t put up a cent, not even the obligatory $5,000,” said a New York-based GOP operative. “There’s been no support from the RNC. Democrats are going all out for this race. Everyone’s in the same direction.”
Here is what I have been able to confirm about NY-23 and why we need $25,000.00 for that race ASAP.
- The GOP polled NY-23 last week and found: Owens in first by double digits and DeDe in 2nd with Hoffman coming up from behind and closing. Obviously, they have not released this poll. The NRCC tells me the polling was done, but Owens was not up “by double digits.” Owens was still in the lead.
- Owens + DCCC and Hoffman + Club for Growth have purchased TV through election day. DeDe has not.
- DeDe is in terrible shape financially. Almost broke. Oh yeah, and she has no volunteers.
- The NRCC is up on YouTube attacking Hoffman to keep DeDe from coming in 3rd. Yes, the NRCC is attacking a conservative for them to save face in a seat that they will definitely lose.
- The GOP won’t attack the Democrat because the Democrat and Scozzafava are running on an identical platform. It makes no sense for them to attack Owens on issues Scozzafava supports. NOTE: The NRCC tells me they are running ads on television attacking Owens.
- The NRCC’s money spent attacking Hoffman could be spent in real contested elections in the fall.
- Hoffman is the only candidate in the race with a significant ground game.
The fourth and sixth points are most critical. Pete Sessions is trying to save face and potentially wasting money that could be used next year. Also, Hoffman is gaining fast and can win with his ground game.We have the opportunity to make a significant impact in this race. Conservatives from around the country should rally to Doug Hoffman and give a black eye to the GOP establishment that continues to flirt with conservatives before stabbing them in the back. A New York victory for Doug Hoffman sends a national message that conservatives still remain the foundation of the Republican Party.GO HERE AND DONATE TO HOFFMAN ASAP.Please click here for the rest of the post.