One month from today, Republicans and Democrats in Utah will convene in their caucus meetings. The meetings will help select delegates for the Utah party conventions.
I’m interested in the Republican one.
The people of Utah have a United States Senator named Bob Bennett. He is the 8th most liberal Republican and Utah happens to be the most conservative state. Utah is also a socially conservative state. Nonetheless, Bob Bennett rubs Utah’s nose in his record.
- Bob Bennett supports same sex marriage benefits at the federal level.
- Bob Bennett supports comprehensive immigration reform including amnesty provisions.
- Bob Bennett supports federal funding of abortions.
- Bob Bennett supports an individual mandate forcing Americans to buy insurance or be fined by the federal government.
- Bob Bennett supports many other policies opposed by the people of Utah.
- Bob Bennett also opposes many policies the people of Utah want.
More disturbing about Bennett is that when he feels threatened, he moves right. But when the threat goes away, Bennett moves back left. We can eliminate the drifting by taking him out at the Utah Republican Convention.
For the next month, every day, I will begin laying out the record of why Bob Bennett must be removed from office by the voters of Utah. Every day you will see just how out of touch Bob Bennett is and why defeat is necessary.
We can move Utah to the right. And if we defeat Bob Bennett, it will scare Orrin Hatch into moving back right. Together, we will take back the GOP and take back Washington.
Now, some of you in Utah are asking how you can get involved. It is easy. All you have to do is be 18 years or older and show up at your local precinct meeting. A list will appear in your local paper and you can call the Utah GOP too. For more information read this quick overview.
On March 23, 2010, Utah Republicans can begin moving the country in the right direction.