Just follow these easy steps!
- Create AKPD Message & Media, a public relations company that specializes in astroturfing.
- Attach yourself to the campaign of the candidate that eventually wins the 2008 Presidential election.
- Disengage yourself from AKPD Media, but under circumstances where the company ‘owes’ you 2 million dollars, which it will then pay back over time (we call this ‘income’).
- Become a Senior Advisor to the President.
- Have the President negotiate a tone-deaf deal between the White House and lobbyist group PhRMA to get the pharmaceutical industry to support health care rationing.
- ‘Discover’ one fine summer day that AKPD Media, the company that you created and which is still paying you money, has been given a fat advertising contract by PhRMA to astroturf health care rationing.
Speaking objectively, it’s a great scam: all Axelrod has to do is shrug and there’s no immediately obvious way to prove that PhRMA hired AKPD to eventually put money in Axelrod’s pocket. Ah, for the days when they merely had private Swiss bank accounts…
*Many things that are unethical, immoral, or just plain wrong are also ‘legal.’
Crossposted to Moe Lane.