I'm having difficulty working it out. Is it because:
- ...we get absolutely nothing out of this?
- ...it brazenly goes against previous national security agreements made between the United States and what were, prior to this morning, staunch regional allies?
- ...it came out of nowhere, to the point where the ranking Republican Senator on Armed Services is asking why this suddenly appeared?
- ...it is fairly clearly a desperate domestic-policy bone thrown to a liberal base currently coming to a boil over the Democrats' slow-motion collapse on health care?
- ...or is it because they announced it on THE SEVENTIETH ANNIVERSARY OF THE SOVIET INVASION OF POLAND, YOU DAFT, HISTORICALLY ILLITERATE, IDIOTS?!?
...or should I just embrace the healing power of 'and?'