This report of a lie-in by pro-victory in Iraq protesters at a fundraiser held for Jerry Brown by notorious terrorist sympathizer Jodie Evans highlights a very, very serious set of questions involving not only Brown’s associations, but also his own motivations. The fact that Brown is attempting to get Code Pink’s money like this leads to various questions:
- Jodie Evans once reportedly told a Gold Star Mother that her son deserved to die in Iraq. Does Jerry Brown agree with her?
- Evans was a long-time supporter of genocidal mass murderer Saddam Hussein; as recently as the summer of 2008 she was nostalgic for a regime that routinely murdered, raped, and ethnically cleansed its internal enemies. Is Jerry Brown likewise nostalgic for the days of pogroms and acts of ecocide against the Marsh Arabs?
- Evans sat on the advisory board of International Occupation Watch, a group that conspired to convince US soldiers to desert. Jerry Brown: pro- or anti-desertion? Excuse me: “conscientious objection.”
- Jodie Evans’ Code Pink planned and brought off “protests” designed to attack critically wounded, recovering soldiers and their families. What method does Jerry Brown use to keep from throwing his drink in Jodie Evans’ face? Does he need one?
- In 2009, Evans helped provide material aid to Hamas in Gaza. Are some of Jerry Brown’s best friends Jews?
- As is exhaustively noted here, Jodie Evans and Jerry Brown have had a long, long shared political history. Where does Jerry Brown differ from her? Specific examples, please: we already know that he likes her money.
This would be the point where there is usually a pro forma statement that of course one can’t assume that enthusiastically taking the money of a pro-terrorist, radical, America-hating, troop-hating, Jew-hating nutjob means that one subscribes to said nutjob’s pro-terrorist, radical, America-hating, troop-hating, Jew-hating agenda. On the other hand, it’s Moonbeam Brown. The question isn’t whether he agrees with Evans: the question is whether he’d ever have the opportunity to do something about it. I think that it would be best if that stayed an academic question…
PS: Hey! You know who isn’t taking money from a pro-terrorist, radical, America-hating, troop-hating, Jew-hating nutjob? Meg Whitman!
Crossposted to Moe Lane.