FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR
Connecting the dots on the Missouri wind farm payoff.
The video is largely self-explanatory, but here is the time-line, with links.
- Tom Carnahan owns a company called Wind Capital Group, which (unsurprisingly) produces wind energy.
- Wind power is a type of alternate energy beloved of environmental fundamentalists except when it’s in sight of private Nantucket compounds, or controlled by Native Americans. Although this might change, as the motivating/indulging force in each case died last year.
- At any rate, Tom Carnahan is the brother of Rep. Russ Carnahan (MO-03) and Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan. Democrats, of course. Robin Carnahan would later start what will probably be a doomed run for the US Senate.
- The ‘stimulus’ is proposed. It proves to be somewhat unpopular in more conservative areas, like Missouri. To put it mildly.
- Russ Carnahan supported and voted for the ‘stimulus.’
- Robin Carnahan supported the ‘stimulus.’
- Vice President Biden visited one of Tom Carnahan’s wind farms in April of 2009. Biden reported that Wind Capital would not receive a direct stimulus payment.
- In September of 2010, Wind Capital Group received $107 million in a direct stimulus payment (see here for more).
- Both Robin and Russ Carnahan denied that anything improper had taken place (see Gateway Pundit for more).
And that pretty much covers it, doesn’t it? Except that Robin’s electoral opponent is Roy Blunt and Russ’s is Ed Martin; they would probably both love to hear from you. Unless you’re the sort of person who believes that there’s no obvious quid pro quo involved when the brother of two prominent Missourian politicians gets a nine-digit cash payout from the same program that said politicians riskily supported; I imagine that Roy and Ed already have their fill of that from dealing with the Carnahans.
Moe Lane (crosspost)