Michael Moore proclaims "Capitalism did nothing for me."
You're wrong, Michael. Dead wrong. Capitalism has done plenty for you, sport.
- American Capitalism made your 7,500 calorie per day diet cheaper (and tastier) here than anywhere else in the world.
- That shirt you're wearing. Polo, by Ralph Lauren. $80 in size XXXL, available at Big and Tall Mens shops nationwide.
- Horizontal stripes. A guy your size would be locked up in most socialist countries for that fashion faux pas. Probably executed in Italy, France or Sweden.
- The world's best health care system, good for taking care of behavior-related chronic health care issues like cardio-vascular disease, type II diabetes, and gout.
- Intellectual property rights are protected under capitalism. (It makes me shudder to refer to your, ahem, body of work as "intellectual property", but there you have it.)
- If you subtract out the rentals and royalties you've earned from theaters and distributors who are capitalists, you'd be living under a bridge somewhere.
- Your freedom to ambush corporate CEOs made you rich. You try that stunt with the new owners of GM, and you'll have your kneecaps broken.
- Or worse, your next movie will be called Jimmy Hoffa and Me.
- A cushy apartment in Manhattan, the Bolshevik paradise.
- Most of all, you should be thankful that capitalism has given you an affluent, liberal, self-loathing audience which eagerly laps up your tripe.
H/T cnsnews via the Drudge Report