Venezuela Runs Out Of Everything, Businesses Leaving. Still Want Bernie?
If you’re still looking to support someone like Bernie Sanders, and the socialist policies he espouses, then this is the end result.Read More »
The Baucas ObamaCare bill text is out. It should be known as America’s Death of Healthcare Freedom Act of 2009. This bill has 250 pages and it’s not even the real legislative language. It’s in English … sort of.
The bill forces people, via multiple mandates and taxes and subsidies, to get people into Government-controlled health insurance:
Personal Responsibility Requirement. Beginning in 2013, all U.S. citizens and legal residents would be required to purchase coverage through (1) the individual market, a public program such as Medicare, Medicaid, the Children‘s Health Insurance Program, Veteran‘s Health Care Program, or TRICARE or through an employer (or as a dependent of a covered employee) in the small group market, meeting at least the requirements of a bronze plan, or (2) in the large group market, in a plan with first dollar coverage for prevention-related services as recommended by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force – except in cases where value-based insurance design is used and cannot have a maximum out-of-pocket limit greater than that provided by the standards established for HSA current law limit.
The ObamaCare train has been sluggish, but it IS moving forward. Like with Napoleon and Hitler invading Russia, October is the dangerous month. EITHER THEY GET IT DONE IN THE NEXT 6 WEEKS or the agenda starts to freeze in the winter.
The gameplan is out there.
Here is what we know. Sources on K Street and on Capitol Hill have confirmed the following scenario:
1. Senate staffers from the Senate Finance Committee and the Senate HELP (Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee) are in the process of writing the bill RIGHT NOW that the Senate will consider the second full week of October;
2. Senator Reid will have to move to proceed to a House passed tax measure to avoid a “Blue Slip” problem. The term blue slip describes the procedure the House uses to stop the Senate from originating a tax bill. The Constitution states “All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives.” The House passed tax measures that are on the Senate Calendar are as follows:
– H.R. 1664 The AIG Bonus Bill;
– H.R. 2751 A tax bill promoting fuel efficient cars;
– H.R. 2454 House passed Global Warming bill; and,
– Any other tax measure that comes from the House in the next few days.
3. Senator Reid uses all the procedural tactics in his toolbox to shut down debate and control the Amendment process to get this Senate debate completed by the end of October. They can add the Public Option as an amendment on the Senate floor with a simple majority if they have the will.
Our sources further tell us that moderate Democrats are experiencing heartburn over the cost aspect of the bill. If the bill gets a big score from the Congressional Budget Office, moderate Democrats in the Senate are going to rebel. Also, the “Read the Bill” movement in the heartland is having an effect inside the halls of the Capitol. This bill is going to come back over to the House and they are going to have to consider taking up and passing the Senate passed bill or bounce it back to the House. Worst case scenario, a bill may be on the President’s desk by November 1st, because the House will have the opportunity to take up and pass the Senate passed bill to get it to the President.
Well, here it comes folks. Consider the serious violations of basic ethical governance happening right now in the Senate’s mad rush to pass ObamaCare:
– The outrageous and unseemly refusal of the Senate under Reid and the Baucus Senate Finance Committee to properly write legislative language and allow people to read bills before voting on it
– The comments of Sen Carper, Sen Kerry and others laughing at the very suggestion that Senators read bills. see Senator Carper: Read the bill, are you kidding me?
– The refusal to take the time to get the bill scored by CBO for cost.
– The bait-and-switch of voting provisions down in committee and using the ‘nuclear option’ of reconciliation to get public option passed.
There are minefields to cross – on the left:
Then there is the taxpayer funding of abortion – an issue brought fully to life with the defeat in the Senate of the Hatch amendment. Consider this Pew Poll: Americans increasingly pro-life but 4 in 10 don’t know Obama’s position on it, while Catholic bishops skeptical of costly and pro-abortion Obamacare provisons.
So what is a conservative activist to do?
1. Read the Text!
2. Make ObamaCare #1 focus of activism in the month of October. It’s time to realize that ‘public option’ is not the full problem and issue with ObamaCare. It’s the – Taxes, mandates, rationing/care restrictions, over-spending, unfunded mandates, Medicare screw tightening, taxpayer funded abortions, illegal aliens covered, job-killing taxes on business, fees and taxes on health insurance plans, and restrictions on health savings accounts. that’s just the Top Ten. Go back to #1 and find more.
3. Fight the nuclear option. It’s an outrageous way to pass a major bill like this.
4. Fight for every vote. A barely-scraping by vote may be enough to derail it, just as the cap&trade vote was a depressent to that agenda.
This is Fourth and Goal for the Obama side. We need to make a fourth and goal defensive effort. Stop every play, every move, make every effort.