It will never work in America. It only works in the minds of the self delusional elitist. So the point is how much more do you want to degrade man through socialism.? Your view of sacrifice through taxes and philosophy are parasitic. In doing so you forcible take from my capacity to provide for my family and in turn my own definition as to the pursuit of my own happiness.
So not to seem like a (do nothing). WHAT CAN WE DO.?
1. THE DEFICIT IS THE PROBLEM. Before this can happen the federal government must reduce their own reach and power. They must prove to the American people that they can reduce spending and the micro management of the economy before the American people can get behind any serious deficit reduction.
2. For a ten year period (so business can plan) abolish the corporate income tax.
3. Drop current health care and cap and trade bills so business can plan. Allow the free market to open health care to true competition across state lines, incorporate private accounts and true tort reform.
4. Look into VOLUNTARY forfeiture of social security benefits for well off individuals that in turn may receive an estate tax benefit.
5. Reduce the power concentrated in Washington. Move that power out to the local and state area’s where it is best checked.
6. A complete halt to new government hiring and spending on new programs without equal budgetary offsets.
7. In all aspects congress must live by the very laws they create. You are public servants.
James Madison wrote. “The house of representatives can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as the great mass of society. This (circumstance) has always been deemed one of the strongest bonds by which human policy can connect the rulers and the people together. It creates between them that communion of interest, and sympathy of sentiments, of which few governments have furnished examples; but without which every government degenerates into tyranny”.
8. A restriction of all relatives or married partners benefiting in any law being enacted by members. This keeps the axiom of “In the countries best interest “vigilant.
9. Free and open (public airway sponsored) televised debates. So a progression of ideas can be examined and deliberated among the citizenry.
10. Everybody that works in the United States pays a flat tax. All will have a stake in the size and intrusiveness of government while cutting out congressional shenanigans through special tax laws.
11. All legislation in front of congress should be transparent and visible (not accessible two hours before the vote). Prohibit the use of non vetted attachments.
Congress must start to understand that the American people are not used to such a level of intrusion. The socialist mindset says over time that all people can be controlled but again history does not bare this out. Everything is monitored or mandated without regard to the constitutionality of the law. Instead it favors the narrow interests of a GE or a Pfizer. e.g. The latest eminent domain case where Pfizer would benefit from the taking of private property so they could build condo’s in New London Ct.at the top of the market. Congress you need courage there is only one to blame and that is you.
I see more and more members of congress retiring. This maybe do to the revulsion of the current and past congressional management that promote such un- American procedures.. I would say the American people are also disgusted. It is not too late to show some backbone and do what is best for America.
What congressional members do not understand is that we do not send you to Washington to create havoc. We expect you to manage (from a constitutional basis) what is in the best interest of the country. You seem to have no idea how you look to your countrymen. It is very simple be an American.
Remember as Americans we know how to roll up our sleeves, work as a country and accomplish the goals we choose. It is our history and our future. There is only one component we need as a people to accomplish this. It is simple common sense not the irrationality that spews from members of congress. Please take an honest hard look and ask two questions.
1. Is your legislation helpful towards a free capitalist society?
2. Are you even equipped to handle such a task?
If people realize that this is the beginning and not the end we will start to bring common sense back to our country. Organize for 2010 and as the process starts, our belief that we as Americans can achieve anything will take hold. This is and will be our history as we have exhibited in the past.
AMERICA IS FREEDOM AND FREEDOM IS AMERICA