That's what the MSM had to say in comments about Rush Limbaugh's recent bid to purchase the St. Louis Rams. According to some guy I overheard at the mall, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs suggested that Limbaugh owning the Rams "is exactly the same as slavery, but fatter." And then there's what Helen Thomas probably said, "Rush to what window? With a ram? Where's my sweater?"
So in honor of the controversy, I've compiled a top ten list of some completely ridiculous but totally true and not fake quotes of famous people who are not (or so they claim) Rush Limbaugh. These are, like, so teh true. For really real. Really. No ... really.
THE TOTALLY REAL AND NOT FAKE QUOTES SHENANIGANZA TOP TEN
10. Democrat Fritz Hollings of South Carolina thinks being from Africa makes you a cannibal: "You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva."
9. Howard Dean reaches out: "I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks."
8. California Democrat Diane Watson thinks interracial marriage is icky: "He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black."
7. Howard Dean thinks service positions are for minorities, not big fancy white people: "You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? ... Only if they had the hotel staff in here."
6. Joe Biden explains why southern Democrats should vote for him: "My state was a slave state."
5. "Conscience of the Senate" and former Klansman Robert Byrd on equal opportunity: "I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time.
4. Hillary Clinton does an impression (complete with accent) of an African-American man who didn't know what Emily's List was: "She's supportin' all these people. She's supportin' Sen. Dianne Feinstein . She's supported Sen. Barbara Boxer . . . She supported everybody. Why won't she support me?"
3. Democratic Mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin denies that white people might live in New Orleans: "I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day.""
2. Democrat Steny Hoyer reviews Michael Steele's career: "[He has] a career of slavishly supporting the Republican Party."
1. Then Senator Joe Biden fills us in on who works at convenience stores: "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent ... I'm not joking."
Don't look at me that way. I told you they were really real. Did you think I was joking? Well I wasn't.
Every single one of those quotes is a real, legitimate, well-sourced quote. Totally real; not fake.
Now ask yourself why the unsourced fake Limbaugh quotes get so much more play than these actual statements. Not so funny anymore, huh?