A Few Questions for Charlie Rangel
1. If you don’t pay your income taxes, why should anyone else?
2. If you can have several rent-controlled apartments, why can’t everyone else?
3. If the landlord of those apartments can pay you off by illegally giving you those apartments, why can’t all landlords use such apartments to pay off other government officials?
4. You were found guilty of soliciting donations from those seeking official actions from the House. Who has the checkbook for Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Policy at the City College of New York, and have any of you personal or legal expenses been paid from those funds?
5. You don’t dispute having House personnel do work on behalf of the Rangel Center. Any chance they could mow my lawns, also?
6. Nor do you dispute making late and false filings of your financial disclosure forms for the House. Do you regret misleading your fellow members of Congress on this?
7. Do you think this all happened because it just isn’t fair that you started out life with as much as some other members of Congress, and you thought that pushing a few boundaries would make it a bit more fair?
8 What do you think should be done to you, if anything?
Ps, in case you need a new copy of the violations, they are here: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20012179-503544.html