ROUND 2 – Alternative 2012 RedState Poll – ‘The Elite 8′
Based on the results of the alternative 2012 poll I posted on Monday and tallied this evening, I submit to you Round 2. The top 8 vote-getters in the original poll were pretty clear, so let’s do a runoff using the same rules as before. For your reference, here they are:
1. Post your votes publicly as comments to this diary (this will limit it to RedState members).
2. List your TOP 3 candidates in ranked order (#1=favorite, #2=2nd favorite, #3=3rd favorite).
3. You MUST list 3 candidates or I will not count your votes. In this round and any subsequent rounds, I will NOT accept “None of the Above” as one of your votes.
4. All votes must be for one of the 8 listed candidates.
5. Please do not add any narrative to your votes to keep the page size down.
6. I will leave this “open” until noon EST on Thursday, then tally the votes.
7. Votes will be assigned by points (1st choice = 4 points, 2nd choice = 2 points, 3rd choice = 1 point)
8. This is just for fun as an alternative way to conduct a poll.
The candidates are (in alphabetical order):
1. Haley Barbour
2. John Bolton
3. Herman Cain
4. Chris Christie
5. Mitch Daniels
6. Sarah Palin
7. Mike Pence
8. Rick Perry