Defund Planned Parenthood: These 7 Senators Need Pressure NOW
This upcoming Monday evening, August 3rd, the U.S. Senate will vote on a bill (S. 1881) sponsored by Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) 63% that would stop taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood.
In the latest reportable year, Planned Parenthood received $528 million – over half a billion dollars – in taxpayer funding.
During that same period, they performed 327,653 abortions, and have performed just under one million abortions (988,783) over the last three years. And now, a series of undercover videos allegedly show that Planned Parenthood uses the banned partial birth abortion procedure to harvest and sell the body parts of aborted children, including hearts, lungs, liver, and heads.
It’s important to note that while Sen. Ernst’s bill would defund Planned Parenthood, it would make that same funding available to other entities that provide all the same services Planned Parenthood does (and usually more), but don’t perform abortions. So any claim that this bill would “cut funding for women’s health” is simply false.
With Monday’s vote coming up, all 100 U.S. Senators need pressure.
You can use the Susan B. Anthony List’s action center to email your two Senators here, or make an even bigger impact by calling them here. You can even use our action center to tweet your two Senators here.
Here are the 7 Senators who need the MOST pressure. After the list, you’ll see very brief talking points.
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) 34%: 202-224-6665, @LisaMurkowski
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) 19%: 202-224-2523, @SenatorCollins
- Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) 15%: 202-224-2854, @SenatorKirk
- Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-IN) 24%: 202-224-4814, @SenDonnelly
- Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-WV) 24%: 202-224-3954, @Sen_JoeManchin
- Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) 15%: 202-224-6324, @SenBobCasey
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) 10%: 202-224-2043, @SenatorHeitkamp
- Planned Parenthood has been caught on camera allegedly using the banned partial birth abortion procedure to harvest and sell the body parts of aborted children, including hearts, lungs, liver, and heads.
- Planned Parenthood performs over 327,000 abortions per year while receiving over half a billion in taxpayer funding.
- Senate Bill 1881 sponsored by Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) 63% would stop taxpayer funding of this abhorrent organization and instead make the funding available to entities that provide real health care for women, not abortion. Please vote for Senate bill 1881.