According to the Progressives for America Facebook Page, Obama has clearly attained sainthood...no, that's not right. Obama has clearly attained God-status. Yeah, that's the ticket. He is the only president in history who has fixed everyone's problems without even trying.
So, let’s take a look at Obama’s many failures and see if the Progressives have a clue, or if they are clearly intoxicated on the Obama Kool-Aid.
1. Signed an Executive Order on government contracting to fight waste and abuse.
Hold up!! Stop the presses! Let's declare a national celebration!! Obama can actually write his name...in cursive no less!! OMG!! I need a moment to calm down. This is just too exciting.
Progressives can't be serious. He should be credited with signing an executive order as an accomplishment. That's all!
So, let's compare:
- George W. Bush issued 291 executive orders during his presidency.
- Clinton issued 364 executive orders during his presidency.
- George H.W. Bush issued 166 executive orders during his presidency.
- Ronald Reagan issued 381 executive orders during his presidency.
Yet, I can't recall any of them touting the signing of them as a success. Not one!! Yet, progressives want everyone to give Obama credit for signing an executive order.
Accomplishment?? Until you actually spell out what positive impact this order had, no credit shall be given.
2. Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers.
OK. In theory, this is definitely the moral thing to do. Equal work deserves equal pay. However, let's delve into this, shall we?
According to Nancy Pelosi, all this act did was restore the longstanding interpretation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. That's it. Nothing else. There is no change in what would need to be done to pursue a discrimination case.
Accomplishment?? This is strictly a political move. It looks good and will garner some votes. But it is highly symbolic. Not much credit.
3. Renewed dialogue with NATO and other allies and partners on strategic issues.
Exactly what in the world is this supposed to mean? Obama can talk?! We already know that. Unfortunately, Joe Biden seems to talk even more than Obama does -- and it's usually a gaffe-filled event. (There are too many to link.)
What strategic issues? What is being disucssed? For a progressive worshipping at the feet of Obama, you would think he would actually list one example. (Yes, sarcasm was intended.) Instead, we are presented with a soundbite -- and not even a good one at that.
Accomplishment?? I don't think so.
4. Announced a plan to responsibly end the war in Iraq.
Here we go again!! Obama's opening his mouth. Everyone needs to be quiet so we can hear such words of wisdom.
Branding U.S. forces in Iraq as non-combat also adds to the perception that the war has ended.
Didn't Bush get raked over the coals for doing this same thing?
Besides, doesn't every president announce a plan to end a military conflict once the U.S. has become involved in one?
5. Provided funding to families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the bodyy arrives at Dover AFB.
This is NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! It is simply the right thing to do. It is really tacky (and I am being ridiculously diplomatic) to score political points off of someone's grief.
Progressives should be embarrassed to tout this as an accomplishment.
6. Ended media blackout of war casualties and return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB.
See point #5. Why in the world does the media need to be there? Is there an actual positive story out there? Or is it about Bush policy or Obama policy?
Sad, very sad.
*Need a moment to delouse.*
7. Signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act which has created 2.1 million jobs (as of 12/31/09).
*HAHAHAHA!! Must stop laughing. HAHAHAHA!!!!!*
- More than 50% of Americans think things are worse under Obama.
- Unemployment rate to remain high even though it was not supposed to go over 8%. And stay above 6% as far out as 2015.
Accomplishment -- HAHAHA!! Still need to stop laughing.
8. Launched Recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, an unprecedented step to provide transparency and accountability through technology.
This was the website that cost the government $9.5 million by January 2010 and will cost the government up to $18 million by 2014. Then it seems that tracking the money is not as easy Obama said it would be especially if the money is spent in non-existent congressional districts.
Accomplishment -- Nah!! Especially since they aren't even attempting to track the money anymore.
9. Announced the "Making Home Affordable" home refinancing plan.
Wasn't that the problem in the first place? According to the a New York Times article, the collapse of the housing market could be traced back to a push by the Clinton Administration to expand home ownership. So, Fannie and Freddie started loaning money to people to buy homes they could not afford.
Obama's fix -- Pick up the bill for people who could not pay the bill in the first place.
Accomplishment -- I don't think so.
10. Launched a $15 billion plan to boost lending to small businesses.
Hmmm...so, let's take a closer look, shall we?
Did it work? I don't think so!!