A series of new South Carolina Polls taken after NH are showing several interesting trends:
- Very importantly, Huntsman is eating into Romney voters.
- Equally important, conservatives are starting to unit behind Gingrich
- Rick Santorum’s poor NH showing. Santorum’s numbers are moving down and momentum has left him.
- Voters appear to like Gingrich’s attacks on Romney. It appears that these attacks are actually doing more to improve voter’s views of Gingrich than they are to hurt voter’s views of Gingrich. His attacks are actually working to help him. The stream of voices telling Gingrich to take down the ads is a real sign that Romney thinks they will cost him SC and possibly the election.
- Perry Supporters are starting to defect. Although many are moving to Romney, others are starting to move to Gingrich as a Romney-alternative.