Who need Congress – part 2
Who needs Congress? Part 2
1) The Super-Committee on Debt was endorsed by our President even though it countermands the Constitutional mandate that laws are to be written in the House, passed through the Senate, and vetoed or signed into law by the President. Congress is ceding its normal powers for the sake of expediency and getting along.
2) The Department of Energy was awarded Stimulus funds for green energy companies. President Obama rushed through taxpayer “investment” of $535 million in solar-power company Solyndra just in time for a photo op, even after being told that the company was not ready to be a viable enterprise. He later restructured the debt, assuring that private Obama-donor investors will receive their money in the event of default before we the taxpayers will be paid. The company is now bankrupt, and may have violated terms of its taxpayer-paid subsidy.
3) A waiver was granted by the FCC to LightSquared, a company whose product would interfere with military GPS. An Air Force General as well as the director of the National Coordination Office for Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing testified that the White House asked them to alter their testimony to Congress regarding the company, which is funded by a major Obama donor. Obama himself invested $100,000 in this company in 2005 when it carried a different name.
4) Obama’s Executive Order – “Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce” – was mandated even though, according to the Office of Personnel Management, federal employees are currently underrepresented by whites and over-represented by blacks, Hispanics, Asians and American Indians in relation to their numbers in our country.
5) Executive Order 13575 – Establishment of the White House Rural Council – ties directly to the UN’s Agenda 21 of 1992 and is crucial to achieving a “sustainable world” – “to create more sustainability and green energy.” Obama’s Department of Commerce declared that the agency could implement 67% of their mandates without the vote of Congress. Government would then control and facilitate rural economic development. Look for the key UN word “Sustainability” in your local planning documents.
6) Obama’s Food Safety Modernization Act in the Omnibus Bill authorized millions in spending on “sustainable” agriculture and development in America. NYC’s Mayor Koch has declared that “government’s highest duty is to push healthy foods on the citizenry.”
7) President Obama’s Executive Order 13547 Stewardship of the Ocean, Our Coasts, and the Great Lakes further extends federal power, embraces global governance, diminishes the rights and privileges of individuals and brings the United States into compliance with UN Agenda 21, Chapter 17.6 which says: Each coastal State should consider establishing, or where necessary strengthening, appropriate coordinating mechanisms for integrated management and sustainable development of coastal and marine areas. …
8) The Obama administration has set up a new National Ocean Council to convince the Senate to ratify the treaty Convention on the Law of the Sea. Rejected by Ronald Reagan in 1982, and by our Senate in 2000 and 2004, the treaty is once again being promoted. If passed the treaty would give the UN the power to regulate activities within our territorial boundaries and to levy taxes via royalties and application fees of $250,000, without providing one bit of new benefits to the United States. The UN’s agenda is taking Americans money away from them to support the rest of the world.
9) Obama’s Department of Justice is suing the Boeing Company for daring to build and operate a new plant where unions are not required to be involved.
10) New Hampshire just cut off funding for abortions in their state. The Department of Health and Human Services stepped in to fund those Planned Parenthood abortions.
11) Attorney General Eric Holder is promoting redistribution of our wealth to the UN to fight terrorism as well as the trying of terrorists in civilian courts, without the input or vote of Congress.
12) President Obama violated the War Powers act by entering a war in Libya without an Act of Congress.
13) Obama’s Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett states: “The point of government is to give people a livelihood so they can provide for their families”.
When will enough of this be enough?
Look for Part 3 to come – and follow my news service at conservativecorner-karen.blogspot.com