Thanks to tomorrow’s IBD’s editorial writers, for July 16, There is the following quote from page 16 of the Health care reform bill.
- “Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer
- offering such coverage does not enrolle any individual in
- such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the
- first day” of the year the legislation becomes law.
- So we can all keep our coverage, just as promised — with, of
- course, exceptions: Those who currently have private individual
- coverage won’t be able to change it. Norwill those who leave a company
- to work for themselves be free to buy individual plans from
- private carriers.