Quick Reference List of Health Care Bill Impact – Help Needed!
I need your assistance. Please review the list below the fold and comment on anything you know to be true or false. I received it from someone I trust, who is a lawyer (strange but true), that is reading the health care bill page by page. It’s a list of changes the health care bill will make through the first 500 pages, which is what my friend has gotten through so far. What I really like about it is that the points are very concise and give specific page numbers in the bill for references. I have spot checked a few and they appear to be accurate. Anything that is iffy or questionable, let’s debate it and try to come to some sort of conclusion.
I know there are some very informative things out there, like the ongoing IBD series on this bill, but I haven’t come across anything like this that you could print out on a few pages and take with you to, say, a townhall meeting to confront your representative or senator with during the August recess. There is no spin here, it’s not “I heard on the radio today …” or anything like that; it’s a simple list of facts with references straight to the bill itself. If this list is accurate it would be a very good tool to forward to your friends and family. Forward it with a copy of the bill so any doubters can check for themselves. Even if some things are inaccurate, we can identify them here, remove them, and we can still create something really good. If this bill is going to sit around during the August recess, this is the sort of information we need to try and circulate so people can be informed. We just don’t want any MISinformation out there. The only real defense of this bill right now is that it’s not really that bad and the critics are just fear-mongers spreading lies, so let’s not give any ammunition to that claim.
This strikes me as the type of thing this site was meant for. If somebody knows the location of something better than this that’s already done (again: portable, short and to the point but very informative, not You Tube videos or long essays) then share it. The more the merrier.
If you need a copy of the bill to review, you can view or download one here in pdf format. Now here’s the list:
- Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
- Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
- Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
- Page 42: The “Health Choices Commissioner” will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
- Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
- Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
- Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
- Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
- Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
- Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
- Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
- Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
- Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
- Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No “judicial review” is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
- Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
- Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
- Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
- Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
- Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
- Page 167: Any individual who doesn’t’ have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
- Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
- Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
- Page 203: “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax.” Yes, it really says that.
- Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected.”
- Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
- Page 253: Government sets value of doctors’ time, their professional judgment, etc.
- Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
- Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
- Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
- Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
- Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
- Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies!
- Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
- Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on “community” input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
- Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
- Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
- Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
- Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
- Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
- Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
- Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
- Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
- Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient’s health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
- Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
- Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
- Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
- Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
- Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.