Thought you were heading into tomorrow night’s New Year’s Eve and The Year of our Lord (aka anno domini aka A.D.) 2014, blind?
Have no such fears as Cockstradamus, celebrated DeVine alter ego and sports and political prognosticator for many years, makes his JoeForAmerica debut just in time for the BCS and other college bowl games, NFL playoffs and all things athletic, cerebral and FoxNews-worthy (our most celebrated prognostication was a 2008 prediction that Mike Huckabee would begin hosting a talk show on the Fox News Channel in 2009) in the coming year.
Kirsten Powers has regularly appeared as a liberal Democrat member of FNC’s Special Report “Panel” for many years. She had been an admitted pro-abortion and adherent of all otherwise liberal orthodoxy during most of her tenure. But we started to notice a change in many of her takes on the news from her center seat chair to the right of conservative icon Charles Krauthammer’s even before she announced her conversion to Christianity (video further below).
Soon after April Fool’s Day this year, she wrote a watershed column denouncing liberal Democrats’ defense of abortionist Kermit Gosnell during his trial that resulted in his conviction for killing babies that survived attempted illegal-late-term abortions. But what we think what will push her over the edge to expressly renounce her identification with the Democratic Party is the cancellation of the health insurance policy she liked and that her political party had said she could keep under Obamacare.
Political prognostications for 2014:
Millions of Americans will have their employer-provided health insurance cancelled or their wages cut with the end of President Barack Obama’s illegal delay of the employer mandate;
More than six Democratic Party senators will call for repeal or drastic changes to Obamacare but their Majority Leader Harry Reid will refuse to allow a vote on such bills to reach to senate floor; and
In the mid-term election of 2014, tea partier conservative and other anti-Obamacare ranks of voters will swell to sweep Republicans to a majority of seats in the U.S. Senate, thus putting the GOP in control of both houses of Congress for the first time since 2006.
The Year in Sports, 2014 (Ode to Leonard’s Losers)
Johnny Football’s Texas Agricultural & Mechanical Aggies will lose to Duke Blue Devils in Atlanta’s Georgia Dome on New Year’s Eve.
Wisconsin Badgers will suffer from Jadeveon Clowney and other extreme chickin-lickins at the claws of our University of South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks and thus lose the Capital One Bowl in Orlando, Florida on New Year’s Day, when, also:
- Cornhuskers will lose to Jawja bull-Dawgs in Jacksonville’s Gator Bowl;
- Hawkeyes will lose to LSU Tigers in Tampa’s Outback Bowl;
- The Stanford Cardinal will lose to Michigan State Spartans in Pasadena’s Rose Bowl; and
- Central Florida will lose to Baylor in Glendale, Arizona’s Fiesta Bowl.
In non-New Year’s Day BCS bowls:
- Sooners will lose to the Crimson Tide in New Orleans’ Sugar Bowl on January 2nd;
- Cowboys will lose to Mizzou in the Arlington, Texas Cotton Bowl; and
- Buckeyes will lose to Clemson Tigers in Miami’s Orange Bowl on January 3rd.
- Auburn Tigers will lose to Florida State Seminoles in the final BCS Championship Game in Pasadena, California on January 6th.
Other college and professional sports champions in 2014:
- Kansas Jayhawks will emerge from March Madness and a Final Four also including Duke, Michigan State and Kentucky, as NCAA basketball champions;
- Lebron James will lead the Miami Heat to a three-peat over the Portland Trailblazers in the NBA Finals; and
- Atlanta Braves will win the World Series in six games against the New York Yankees.
- Denver Broncos will beat Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl.
Finally, the Stock Market boom will end in 2014. Happy New Year!
Gamecock Sand Lapper aka Mike DeVine