The Interior Department is poised to become the first federal agency to allow dogs at work, according to a new report. The Post said the program, “Doggy Days at Interior,” will launch with test runs at the department’s Washington, D.C. headquarters on two Fridays in May and September.
The Texas House on Thursday adopted a resolution calling for a convention of states to amend the U.S. Constitution — one of Gov. Greg Abbott’s four emergency items this legislative session.
Students from a group called the Afrikan/Black Student Alliance have taken over a building at the University of California Santa Cruz. They claim their occupation will continue until their demands are met.
A historically black college plans to award Trayvon Martin a posthumous degree later in May, the school announced Wednesday. Florida Memorial University will present a Bachelor’s of Aeronautical Science May 13 to Martin’s parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin.
A concealed carry holder is being heralded as a hero by Arlington police for preventing mass murder by killing an “incoherent” gunman at a sports bar Wednesday evening.
There is so MUCH stuff out there that it is easy to go into overwhelm mode, so I focus on things that catch my eye, and may fly below most radars:
- Being a dog guy, I would love to bring one of my dogs to work.
- The Texas CofS vote is a big deal; the call for a CofS is gaining traction and the Washington elites don’t seem to get it yet…we are coming to take our country back.
- Since I put my WC together, the UCalSC administration has apparently acceded to the demands of the occupiers, and the “students” will get the paint scheme they want. I do wonder what their GPAs are, though!
- Trayvon gets his degree…mmmkay!
- Another “good guy with a gun” story that will be ignored.
Anyway, seems like a good day to do random, so have a sip or two from the ‘cooler, and enjoy the open thread…