Conservative principles that make the Party of Lincoln and Reagan grand must be defended daily by those nominated and elected under the GOP banner. We can’t assume that potential voters aren’t influenced by big liberal Democrat lies.
Yesterday, on fake Inauguration Day (as per the U.S. Constitution, President Obama took the operational Oath at Noon on Sunday, January 20), we got the more tepid post-re-election-mortem version of “Mitt Romney hated dogs before he aided and abetted Bain Capital job and health insurance loss homicides; Speaker John Boehner threatened to default on the Full Faith and Credit of the United States; and Republicans’ mammas wear Army boots.”
Conservatives and Republicans cherish the fact that their intellectual kin on talk radio, conservative websites and the “fair” portion of their Fair and Balanced Fox News Channel regularly refute caricatures of them regularly vomited from the lips of Democrats in Congress and the media. Sadly, our last GOP President deemed the Office too lofty for him to dignify Dirty Harry’s dirt and our last GOP nominee thought at least 47% of the electorate were un-persuadable. Turns out that an electoral majority emerged to re-hire the worst presidential steward of the economy since FDR, despite radio refutations and burgeoning food stamp rolls.
For the record (and edification of low information voters), Mitt, like Reagan and Newt and the various Republican majorities in Congress over the past 30 years, never favored gutting the federal safety net for the truly needy and, in fact, never proposed doing so when they had that power. Somehow, Romney never got around to comforting enough Midwestern white voters with those simple facts. And so, in the spirit of not assuming that elected Republicans understand the need to answer Big Democrat Lies faster than Hillary Clinton threatened bimbo eruptions, we review the cornucopia of said lies that was President Barack Hussein Obama’s Second Inaugural Address:
- When was it exactly that any Republican suggested that the American people can meet the demands of today’s world by “acting alone” or that a “single person” can train “all” math and science teachers or build “all” the roads, networks and research labs that will bring new jobs and businesses to our shores? For Obama, the right of the people “peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”, such right is exclusively for turning over to politicians any task that Clark Kent’s alter ego can’t singly accomplish.
- I don’t remember the plank in Romney’s platform that demanded America “choose between” caring for seniors and “investing” in youth. Could Obama be referring to Reagan-Newt-Clinton years when the elderly starved in the streets while very child matriculated at Harvard and Yale, or was it a vice versa version of choosing between?
- Which conservative was it exactly that said freedom is “reserved” for the “lucky”, or happiness for the “few”? I do recall Michelle admonishing single women on welfare to go into social work rather than the business world. Not sure if they were the few that were lucky to receive such words of wisdom from Obama’s Oracle before she appointed herself school lunch Czar and allowed only a few French fries for football players. It seems that high calorie meals are reserved for the few that host Inaugural banquets or sneak off to BBQ joints when not at home with her on Pennsylvania Avenue. Lucky him.
- Obama implies that Republicans view those that qualify for Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security as “takers”, even while his policies took billions from Medicare to fund an Obamacare that takes away full-time jobs completely or converts them to part-time.
- President Obama suggests that Republicans believe Americans are obliged “only” to ourselves, and not to our posterity; even while he refuses to even consider actions necessary to prevent the bankruptcy of the programs he touts as caring most about.
- America, he says, must respond to the “threat of climate change” and lead the transition to sustainable energy sources. Didn’t know Obama could see the wind mill future so clearly, but we assume that when he says “America must” he means the government since it was the federal government that discovered oil and refined it in the 19th Century’s transition from whale oil and horses to kerosene and Model Ts. Except that the government had nothing to do with it. But yes, governments did tax people to build some roads, so I guess Rockefeller and Ford didn’t build that.
- Apparently Republicans are for “perpetual war” despite Nixon and Reagan’s ending of a hot one and cold one, respectively. Guess Obama prefers Benghazi-like conflict resolution or didn’t al Qaeda in the Maghreb the anti-perpetual war memo?
What conservatives and Republicans must realize, if they ever want to wield power in Washington to repeal Obama and the Democrat’s increasing totalitarian control of our lives, is that they are in a perpetual war against the America that used to be the Shining City on the Hill. An electorate raised in a culture of narcissism, celebrity, entitlement and intolerant liberal diversity needs all of the accurate information it can get and the conservatives on Fox often get lost in their own network’s “balance”.
The job of saving America is not part-time. Liberal Democrats never rest. If we hope to save America, neither can conservatives Republicans.
“One man with courage makes a majority.” – Andrew Jackson
Editor – Hillbilly Politics
Co-Founder and Editor – Political Daily
Atlanta Law & Politics columnist – Examiner.com