My fellow Americans, it is time to bombard Speaker Boehner and the rest of the Republicans in DC with emails, phone calls, Tweets, Facebook posts, and personal visits. We must let them know, with a unified voice, that we want them to walk away from the fiscal cliff talks. It is all a sham anyway and what they choose to do at this moment will determine not only the fate of a nation, but the destiny of the Republican Party to which so many of them have pledged their loyalty.
While you and I fully understand what is at stake, the Republican leadership has proven they do not. They have yet to have their eyes opened like we did in 2008. The things we hold dear; liberty, freedom and private property rights, which, when severely threatened, stirred us from our sleep, will not cause them to arise from their slumber. Though they take an oath to the US Constitution, most members of both houses of Congress haven’t the slightest intention of upholding their pledge.
Instead, they pledge their lives to the Republican Party and to those who fund their reelection campaign. If members of the Republican Party wish to see a continuation of the existence of their beloved party, they will wash their hands of this mess right now. Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result is, according to Albert Einstein, the definition of insanity. To continue the pretend negotiations with an ideologue who is determined to fundamentally transform the United States of America into a European Socialist Utopia is not only a waste of time, it is insane. The cliff is coming, make no mistake. Although Statists try, they can never overcome the laws of economics; therefore, we are about to reap the results of what they have sewn.
The objective now is to weather the coming storm and come out as best as we can on the other side. Once the political games are out of the way we can get back to the business of restoring the country. It will not be easy, but nothing worth doing is easy. It wasn’t easy for our Forefathers, yet they rose to the challenge so you, I and our posterity could live as free individuals, having been created equal and endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
It is our time to rise to the occasion, to defend what cost so many so much to pass on to us. We will not give up, back down, cower in fear, or give in to the temptation to do as others have done and steal from our neighbor because it is easier than working hard. That concept is foreign to us and we will not let it become the norm. Self-reliance, personal responsibility, loving and helping our neighbor is in our bloodline. It is what makes us an exceptional nation. It is what makes us Americans. Let’s Roll!
UPDATE: In order to clear up any confusion, I am adding my suggestion as to what I feel the Republican leadership should do.
Boehner and the House should do the following:
1) Pass a bill to keep the Bush tax cuts in place, permanently.
2) Pass a bill which immediately returns the Federal Government to the Clinton Era spending levels.
3) Once passed, hold a major press conference explaining how the Republicans in the House have passed legislation to ensure no one has a tax increase in 2013. Include in that press conference the fact that they have passed legislation which reduces the size of the Federal Government back to the Clinton Era spending. (Democrats claim the Clinton Era was the best thing since sliced bread, therefore, they should be thrilled to have his ideas in legislation.)
4) Announce in the press conference that the Republicans have done what needs to be done and that the choice to go over the fiscal cliff is squarely on Reid, Obama and the Democrat Party.
5) Hold press conferences every day repeating the above, create television & radio ads which play repeatedly throughout the country, go on every news outlet in the country and repeat the same message.
6) Do no further ‘negotiations’ of any kind whatsoever.