A PRESIDENT’S VALUES or “If Four Americans Get Killed It Isn’t Optimal”
The choice of wording used by President Obama today on Comedy Central was not “optimal” when you consider that four men loyal to their duties and country surrendered their lives during a six hour firefight on American property in Benghazi Libya on 9/11/12 hoping that someone would hear their calls and come to the rescue.
COMEDY CENTRAL — REVEALING A DISPLAY OF CHARACTER — Or Not
STEWART — From CBS.com:
“Stewart told the president, in regard to the administration’s performance in the aftermath of the attacks, that “I would say and even you would admit it was not the optimal response – at least to the American people as far as all of us being on the same page.”
OBAMA — From CBS.com:
“Here is what I will say, if four Americans get killed it is not optimal,” the president responded. “And we are going to fix it, all of it. And what happens during the course of a presidency, you know the government is a big operation at any given time, something screws up and you make sure you find out what’s broken and you fix it.”
The president continued in the interview: “And you know whatever else I have done throughout the course of my presidency, one thing that I’ve been absolutely clear about is America’s security comes first and the American people need to know exactly how I make decisions when it comes to war, peace, national security and protecting Americans. And they will continue to get that over the next four years of my presidency.”
CAN ANY READER TELL ME WHAT THE bleep THIS MAN IS TALKING ABOUT?
I am supposed to be comforted that for the next four years of an Obama presidency we will get the same level of clarity about “…war, peace, national security and protecting Americans?”
Americans are faced with options of either believing that lies coming before the truth were necessary because it was an administration plan to “…get to the bottom of this,” or no one knows who really is in control of our security, or we being are treated with insulting adolescent charming by administration spin masters in crisis mode during the final wrap-up of a presidential election campaign.
OPTIONS AS I SEE THEM
1. The attack didn’t fit the Obama campaign narrative of a dead Bin Ladin putting Al Qaeda “on their heels” and in retreat = Deception
2. Telegraphing apologies to our enemies for four weeks = Incompetence
3. NOT putting the FBI and Special Ops in country the next day to secure our property and begin interrogations with Libyan cooperation (coercion if necessary) = Incompetence
4. Sending UN Ambassador Rice out to five Sunday Talk shows to continue the White House line of a “video caused spontaneous mob” violence = Deception
5. Giving a world viewed presidential speech on Sept. 25th at the UN claiming 6 times the Libyan tragedy was the result of a film no one saw = Deception & Incompetence
6. Appearing weak by finally admitting under Congressional investigating duress four weeks later that someone is actually to blame for a “terrorist attack” = Incompetence
7. The State Department finally acts tough and Hillary Clinton offers a mea culpa on October 17th = Incompetence
8. Once again signalling to our enemies that the President is either confused, unwilling to be tough, or “still trying to get to the bottom of this” = Incompetence
>> Use of a comedy show venue to get tough rhetoric out to the American and international audience = You Decide
I’m steamed. Those men who did not die without a fight, expected the best response from their government that night.
They did not fight over a video no one saw! SEALs Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods, analyst Sean Smith, and Ambassador Stevens have faces, have families, represented all of us, and DO NOT DESERVE a feckless response or cover-up.
In contrast to their stand defending American lives and property the pattern of heroism displayed by our President includes “leaking” information on SEAL TEAM 6 after the killing of Osama Bin Ladin, which may be useful for political capital in election season, but misses the mark with the American people and our military.
The constant stream of threats to Americans should have any Comander in Chief acting like one, hunkered down and being tough in the Situation Room not at Comedy Central.
James Michael Pratt is a New York Times bestselling author of inspirational fiction and non-fiction, editor and owner of Jerusalem Reports, and frequent contributor to Red State and other conservative sites. His personal website includes biographical and other information regarding his work. He can also be found on FACEBOOK and Twitter.