The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- While You Slept II: Russia Dominates the Eastern Mediterranean
- Gaystapo Takes No Prisoners: GoFundMe Torpedoes Sweet Cakes
- March for Marriage 2015 is Today!
- If It Isn’t America First What Is It?
- Knowing Your Audience Wins The Election
- Our first rodeo?
- A Change of Face in Georgia
- States Tackle Lawsuit Reform as a Way Toward a Stronger Economy
- The GOP Senate Caves Again and Calls It a Victory
- Gay Marriage: The Left’s Pink Herring
By: Mark Meed
- “So we will never fight again”
- Harry Reid in a Skirt
By: Michael Hammond
- Hillary Blaming It All On Bill?
- Corporate Personhood: Standing Between Capitalism and Socialism
- Paging Mr. Deace; Mr. Steve Deace
By: MITCH REED
- What do we need them for?
- Frat boys spit on, throw beer bottles at wounded warriors
- The Coronation Will Be Ruined, Again
By: Ulysses Arn
- Ready for Carly
- Stop Me Before I Vote Again
- The Armenian Genocide In Photos
By: Candice Lanier
- What Good Are Principles If You Won’t Stick To Them?
By: Buzz Brockway
- Follow the Money: Earth Day 2015
By: Chris Walker
- Presidential Candidates not addressing the rise of the machines
- MSNBC: “Taxes for Thee, Not for Me”
- Shakedown 101: The Campus Speaking Tour of a Convicted Fraudster
By: Erik Telford
- The Supreme Court, Gay Marriage and History
- On Foriegn Policy, Rand Paul’s plan is more ‘leading from behind’… Just without the leading part & more ‘behind’…
By: David Acklam
- seriously we arent going to call out McConnell on this
- IRS Complains About Budget Cuts, But It Cut Its Own Customer Service Budget
- Marchant Steps Up to End Crony Corporate Wind Power Giveaway
- SCOTUS Rules Motorists Can’t Be Held for K-9 Searches, and That’s a Good Thing
- The First Amendment and Shari’a Law
- Earth Day Hysteria
- Gay Mafia Attacks Pastors, Ignores Imams calling for their death
- “F**k You, F**k That, And F**k CNN!” Baltimore Protester Grabs Reporters Mic
- Obama’s New Diplomacy: Speak Twaddle and Wave a Big Stick
- IF There is To Be Gay Marriage, the “Why” is Very Important
- F-35 program ‘on right track’, director says
- Five Questions Related to the Iran Nuclear Deal
By: Joseph Blaikie
- moelane: #rsrh BTW, MSNBC & NYT make fun of MMFA. ...LOL.: http://t.co/SfpU9D475W
- moelane: #rsrh Somebody needs to ask Hillary Clinton if she thinks that couple should be fined $135K for not baking a cake. http://t.co/Owx6JJQfVO
- moelane: #rsrh My one-point program for fixing the White House Correspondents Associates Dinner.: http://t.co/1Nisklna7F
- moelane: #rsrh The Italians did those jihadis a favor.: http://t.co/RmnrcSjvsB
- moelane: #rsrh I wonder if Hillary Clinton still thinks that it takes a village to raise a child. http://t.co/CFgG3VUB7O
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Sing It, Brother @Charleswcooke edition.: http://t.co/yIMrfFtN9p
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, The Antiwar Movement Lacks The Right To Lecture Us edition.: http://t.co/9ioxmt94v1
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, They Celebrate Earth Day In Style In Wisconsin edition.: http://t.co/p7GZY3H3Xj
- moelane: #rsrh Bets on when this @EricBoehlert Doofus-Tweet gets deleted?: http://t.co/MMJOC6v57G
- moelane: #rsrh The Candidate Who Cannot Run.: http://t.co/NsR0QklTYF
- moelane: #rsrh Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D, WI) attacks black woman over VA whistle-blowing.: http://t.co/3buEmPRW3Y
- moelane: #rsrh Think Progress inadvertently sums why the Clinton Foundation is problematical.: http://t.co/f978B2jJ4p