The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- F-35 Fleet Surpasses 15,000 Flying Hours
- Jim Moran retires from Congress; joins the Tea Party
- Health Care: You Break It; You Pay for It
By: Michael Hammond
- Greg Walden (R-OR): Chairman NRCC … and Wuss.
By: Martin Knight
- Pennsylvania GOP Tax Increase Causes Primary Problem for House Whip Stan Saylor
- The Tea Party: More Philosophy and Less Politics
- The Liberal Media Owns This Debacle
- Senator @MaryLandrieu’s Newest Awful Ad
- To Be Frank: West Virginia House Democrats Using Public Resources to Reach Voters
- My Experience with the Corrupt IRS
By: Milton Wolf
- The “Consider This!” podcast, Episode 72: Portrait of a Right-Wing Extremist
By: Doug Payton
- IRS Chief Calls for a Redo on Proposed Anti-Free Speech Tax-Exempt Rules
By: Matthew Clark
- This #TaxDay, Let’s Also Look to Rid Ourselves of Global Anti-Free Trade Tariffs
By: Seton Motley
- What’s really going on with BLM?
- When will it be enough?
- Robertson Hurls Monkeyshine At Evolution Debate
- Campaign Finance – Why the Supreme Court Got it Right
By: Danny Huizinga
- John Stone: leading the #FireBoehner charge in #GA12 *DEBATE VIDEOS
- The Real ObamaCare Scoreboard (Spoiler: The Citizens Are Losing)
- Cliven Bundy
- Picking and Choosing
- Mitch McConnell can’t kill this ObamaCare defunding effort
- Lost in Space
- 1776 & 2014 – Complacency and Revolution
- Speaker Boehner’s Electile Dysfunction
By: Loren Heal
- On gender identity…
- The Very, Very, Drab, Gray World of Leftists
- Government in a nutshell!
By: ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE
- Remarks to Freedom Summit, Manchester NH
- GA Senate race: Karen Handel is the only one with cojones
- Justice John Paul Stevens’ Proposal to Amend the Second Amendment
- Is John Kasich The Most Formidable 2016 GOP Candidate You Don’t Know?
By: Myra Adams
- What is the key to Israeli-Palestinian peace?
- And the Liberal Intolerance Hits Just Keep Coming
- The NRSC and Push Polling
- Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA) Must Resign
- Naked Lefties Running Wild
- Sad — on the 40th anniversary of his milestone record, Hank Aaron displays ignorance, bitterness, and no class
- Standoff in Nevada
- The United States Government Thinks Heartbleed Is Okay!
- moelane: #rsrh Terry Lynn Land (R) now ahead of Gary Peters (D) in RCP average for Michigan-SEN.: http://t.co/Pzl9m86dcd
- moelane: #rsrh The Minnesota Senate race is an annoyance.: http://t.co/8mWgOsVyc8
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That Is Pretty Much The Problem Right There edition.: http://t.co/PxctD9XDTV
- CalebHowe: Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy | Power Line http://t.co/wEcwVw1nrQ #rsrh #tcot
- moelane: #rsrh Let me be blunt: the Obama administration did this because they think that their core supporters are idiots. http://t.co/YYRNDDBmqL
- moelane: #rsrh No, I'm pretty sure that the Clinton Shoe Woman thing wasn't staged.: http://t.co/GWTGIIP6qu
- moelane: #rsrh Maryland TV station casually assigns sole blame for #obamacare to Democrats.: http://t.co/pywvOWRZLT
- moelane: #rsrh Dear Democratic party: please campaign on the UN's call to cut economic growth.: http://t.co/I0XlZ8dAGg
- moelane: #rsrh Not shocking news: Dropbox tells anti-Rice protesters to take a hike.: http://t.co/uasBP8EJ67
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, It Really IS Getting That Bad For @BarackObama edition.: http://t.co/kwoVUeQ40K
- moelane: #rsrh Put up or shut up, @RepSteveIsrael. http://t.co/VBn6lCLWkD Name names, or sit the hell down.
- moelane: #rsrh Interesting article hitting Google here at the WaPo: http://t.co/k4xyBN4ls2 ...Was it written on Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' orders?
- moelane: #rsrh Rooting for Injuries Watch: labor union targets anti-Keystone House members.: http://t.co/sVllmPJ5Xk
- CalebHowe: Melissa Harris-Perry: Carney is ‘Mansplaining’ WH ‘Pay Gap’; Also Nurses And Doctors Are The Same Thing. http://t.co/20YUX7XYWf #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, Stephen Colbert's Publicist Said 'Thanks' edition.: http://t.co/ZNPlRD30sB
- VladimirRS: Anti-fracking protesters in urgent plea – for GAS! #rsrh http://t.co/wieQrCcogI
- VladimirRS: Watch Greta van Susteren box with an armless man: http://t.co/1gBvTlFAoz @voteMike2014 vs @gretawire #rsrh
- VladimirRS: Excellent post! Methane, the Irrelevant Greenhouse Gas. #rsrh #agw http://t.co/85x3t63UfJ
- RSBooBooKitty: Holder wants to target owners and their guns. Fed/UN kill switch? Buddy, you don't want to go there. http://t.co/vVdo61HyfE #rsrh
- VladimirRS: Gender equity? In 2012, 92% of workplace fatalities were male. #rsrh #77cents http://t.co/B9iknMKVJz