The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- Week 16 Chronological Bible Reading – 2014
- Easter Weekend and the Clash of Faith versus Science
- Has Los Angeles Fallen, or Was it Pushed?
By: Inwar Resolution
- Parents Can’t Win In The Eyes Of Liberal Elites
- West Virginia’s Crony Capitalism Costs State Millions
- Will the “Gay Games” boycott Ace and Yellow Cabs?
- Happy Spring Black Friday!
- “Fixing” the Voting Rights Act
- Did Lois Lerner Want Conservatives to go to Jail?
By: Matthew Clark
- Don’t Hurt People and Don’t Take Their Stuff
- Why I can’t send my kids to public school
- This is the Real War On Women – Waged By White Progressive Women Against Women of Color
- Solar flares up
By: Marita Noon
- Obamacare Must Go Regardless of Who is Obama’s Next HHS Nominee!
By: Sen. Tim Scott
- The Watercooler ~ Heaven Is For Real Open Thread
- F-35 Fleet Surpasses 15,000 Flying Hours
- Jim Moran retires from Congress; joins the Tea Party
- Health Care: You Break It; You Pay for It
By: Michael Hammond
- Greg Walden (Wuss-OR)
By: Martin Knight
- Pennsylvania GOP Tax Increase Causes Primary Problem for House Whip Stan Saylor
- The Tea Party: More Philosophy and Less Politics
- The Liberal Media Owns This Debacle
- Senator @MaryLandrieu’s Newest Awful Ad
By: Joe Cunningham
- To Be Frank: West Virginia House Democrats Using Public Resources to Reach Voters
- My Experience with the Corrupt IRS
By: Milton Wolf
- The “Consider This!” podcast, Episode 72: Portrait of a Right-Wing Extremist
By: Doug Payton
- IRS Chief Calls for a Redo on Proposed Anti-Free Speech Tax-Exempt Rules
By: Matthew Clark
- This #TaxDay, Let’s Also Look to Rid Ourselves of Global Anti-Free Trade Tariffs
By: Seton Motley
- What’s really going on with BLM?
- When will it be enough?
- Robertson Hurls Monkeyshine At Evolution Debate
- Campaign Finance – Why the Supreme Court Got it Right
By: Danny Huizinga
- John Stone: leading the #FireBoehner charge in #GA12 *DEBATE VIDEOS
- The Real ObamaCare Scoreboard (Spoiler: The Citizens Are Losing)
- Cliven Bundy
- Picking and Choosing
By: Joe Cunningham
- Mitch McConnell can’t kill this ObamaCare defunding effort
- Lost in Space
- 1776 & 2014 – Complacency and Revolution
- Speaker Boehner’s Electile Dysfunction
By: Loren Heal
- moelane: #rsrh Barack Obama (who campaigned against signing statements) issues signing statement. Again.: http://t.co/IzvN3SepH0
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, I Clearly Partied With The Wrong Parliamentarians edition.: http://t.co/Hc3X5dWYIF
- moelane: #rsrh I imagine Russia is much like Dr. Doom's Latveria, at times.: http://t.co/kCzET39S6t
- presjpolk: More of this please. Poland's a great start, but we need to be in the Baltics, too. http://t.co/WDbswTlGQ3 #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh NRSC: Senate map is nicely expanding for the GOP.: http://t.co/m4bPpo0D1R
- VladimirRS: Now Wind Turbines Threaten the Lesser Prairie Chicken #rsrh http://t.co/yrmrkXuz5T
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, This Map Of The Blogosphere Brings Back Memories.: http://t.co/aW9w4IOU7j
- moelane: #rsrh Charlie Crist loses new spokesman.: http://t.co/ozJcS4EHjx
- moelane: #rsrh Pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine start trying to register Jews. #некултурны: http://t.co/pyQrenWsr0
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, The Title Alone Is Almost Porn edition.: http://t.co/Zooyqw5BwD
- CalebHowe: John Bolton: President Reagan would be rolling over in his grave to hear Rand Paul praise him http://t.co/12RgC0kzSs #tcot #rsrh #boom
- moelane: #rsrh Ed Snowden barks on cue at Vladimir Putin's trained seal show.: http://t.co/QRi33uShDL
- CalebHowe: #GosnellMovie http://t.co/B2PwJl8cAD @greggutfeld NAILS it. @yesnicksearcy and @ksorbs set the example. #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, SWEET JEEBUS THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT BARACK OBAMA DID WITH #OBAMACARE edition: http://t.co/5CL2YBFnvf
- moelane: #rsrh Megan McArdle waxes wroth on #Obamacare Census question changes.: http://t.co/EeJq1YDRRg
- moelane: #rsrh Terry Lynn Land (R) now ahead of Gary Peters (D) in RCP average for Michigan-SEN.: http://t.co/Pzl9m86dcd
- VladimirRS: Anti-fracking protesters in urgent plea – for GAS! #rsrh http://t.co/wieQrCcogI