The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- If we say goodbye to Mitt Romney, will we be saying hello to President Hillary? By AnnetteK
- Media: Obama is a poor victim of the politicizing behavior of Boehner and Netanyahu
By: Bob Buresh
- Scott Walker roars ahead in Iowa
- Strike while the iron is hot! Administration concerned about ObamaCare tax implication.
- How Do We Get Back to Where We Were?
- My Secret Ski Date at Deer Valley – Hint: He’s Not Running for President in 2016
- Is Bush Really That Strong?
- Whose Looks Will Help, Whose Will Hurt?
- GOP Governor Tries To Stop Husband From Aborting Wife
- There ARE Two Americas: Want To Keep Them For 8 More Years?
- The Shape of Chris Christie
- Why Conservatives Might Consider Voting For Hillary (Edited for clarity)
By: John Liberty
- The Taking of MH 370
- Obama’s Government Takeover of WiFi
By: Erik Telford
- Where Do The 2016 Candidates Stand On Common Core?
- Stated reason for refusing to meet with Netanyahu just another lie
By: Bob Buresh
- Who Are Terrorists Targeting? The Left
- States Prove that Educational Freedom Works
- Only one Kentucky candidate to reverse ObamaCare
- How To Flip The Left’s Script on “Climate Change”
- Union Leader: Rauner Right-To-Work Zones “Attack On Workers Rights”
By: Ulysses Arn
- Thoughts on Romney not running
By: Chris Wilson
- OBAMA ADMINISTRATION ANTI-SEMITIC?
- Accountability: It’s What Made America Great
- UPDATE: Goodbye Romney. Fivethirtyeight Has Some Interesting Statistics on the GOP Field
By: Steve Berman
- Texas GOP Chair Announces Resignation Timing
By: Mark Ramsey
- Environmentalists discover biofuels are a bad idea
- The Watercooler ~ RedSection
- Winning Hearts and Changing Minds [PODCAST]
By: Daniel Stafford
- Revisiting Hobby Lobby
- Regulating the Internet: Herding Cats
By: Erik Telford
- These Are the Republicans We Thought They Were
By: Joseph Blaikie
- The Crusades: Today’s Fictions vs. Yesterday’s Facts
- Campaign 2016:The Domestic Theme
- Of Herds and Harlots, Measles is Back
By: Steve Berman
- Will Obama’s Middle Class Economic Plan Include Closing the SBA?
By: Lloyd Chapman
- Obama Continues To Cheat American Small Businesses Out Of Billions
By: Lloyd Chapman
- No caucasians need apply! Blacks are over-represented in the Democrat party
- American Sniper and How Does it Relate to the 3rd Congressional District
By: sharon brannigan
- Michelle Obama, Headscarves & Hippos. In The Soup.
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, SING It, Brothers @EdDriscoll / @JonahNRO. Sing It edition.: http://t.co/zQA8nt9tcT
- moelane: #rsrh The Venn Diagram of Dumb.: http://t.co/iDCHMCamPy
- moelane: #rsrh Power Line has a useful suggestion for funding Obama's community colleges proposal.: http://t.co/B8dysW9G5l
- moelane: #rsrh Oh. Look at that. All those New York court records, now up in smoke.: http://t.co/85hgoeL1bl
- moelane: #rsrh Federal government to encourage America's stair construction industry. Well, 2030's.: http://t.co/e7Hhlk955R
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, Romney's Jab At Jeb edition.: http://t.co/F3RZ2GGAFb
- moelane: #rsrh The Left starts to gingerly contemplate reassessing the inevitability of Hillary.: http://t.co/pSY5JvOaC4
- moelane: #rsrh My http://t.co/YjOih6gbV9 article on School Choice is up.: http://t.co/RwMpo3wSs2
- moelane: #rsrh Meet Carl Heastie, the (likely) new New York Assembly Speaker...: http://t.co/AmVumCuo5D
- moelane: #rsrh So the question is: will Romney be working behind the scenes for Walker, or Jindal? - Because check THIS out: http://t.co/ljAHF6Ms7n
- streiffredstate: Mitt Romeny bows out http://t.co/0l57UX2TgY #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Is the sudden Democratic fixation on 'income inequality' backed by anything except its rear?: http://t.co/4rmad6LoaQ
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Well... Yes. Extending Unemployment Benefits Encourages Unemployment. Duh? edition.: http://t.co/PoOZ2Ja78C
- cayankee: First Scott Walker for president ad released | Third Base Politics http://t.co/qUXuYaZjLa #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh I can tell you EXACTLY what @freddiedeboer can do. (Language warning): http://t.co/PpgfsCT2jn #p2 #uniteblue #tlot
- moelane: #rsrh Washington Free Beacon Video of the Day, ...And I Don't Even LIKE John McCain edition.: http://t.co/BF4OSOkVaF
- CalebHowe: #rsrh @DanaPerino is awesome, episode a billion. http://t.co/cWlr0OrbeY
- streiffredstate: RT @prolife1234: Mother Who Said No to Abortion Welcomes Quadruplets http://t.co/Q0E65shMsw #prolife http://t.co/9tVFjICq28 #rsrh
- cayankee: Romney to decide on 2016 run in two weeks. http://t.co/XCpdWJtNiH #RSRH