The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- 10 Lines of Questioning for Cecile Richards
- No .@Salon, You’re Wrong About Islamic Women’s Equal Rights
- Texas Agency Wants To Silence Churches
- Don’t Be Evil, Google
- Congressional Reform Goes Beyond Electing the Right Speaker
- Her Inevitableness might not be quite so inevitable
- Hey Barry, It’s Already AGAINST THE LAW To Shoot People! (EDITED)
- Bernie Sanders and Robert Reich Are Confused by Economics. And Government. And Reality
By: Seton Motley
- The Left’s “science” is really science fiction
- Can the GOP Ever Win the Urban Vote?
- To the next Republican Speaker of the House
- State Of The Union Prom Dates
By: Caleb Howe
- Evolution of the Obama Message
By: Caleb Howe
- Why we can’t support Kevin McCarthy for Speaker.
- Mourning For America ~ Land of the Free
- Running For Fundraiser
By: Freedoms Truth
- The One Question Someone Should Ask Donald Trump (and the rest of the field)
- Why I support Kevin McCarthy for Speaker
- President Obama and “soft power”
- Should House conservatives focus more on defeating Scalise than McCarthy?
- Marco Rubio Sympathizes With Anti-Cop Rhetoric
- Myra Adams: What Does Obama Know about the Clinton E-mail and Foundation Scandals, and When Did He Know It?
By: Myra Adams
- The left, the HITECH Act, and gun control
- Jason Chaffetz To Run For Speaker
- A Good Gun Control Case
- How do we defeat the left wing and defeatist narratives
- Reckless: Fiorina, Clinton, and Kasich are iching to go to war with Russia
- A Brutal Assessment of our Day in The United States of America
- We Need Answers to These Questions First
- Nose Punching is bad, mmkay? So let’s do something about it.
- Gun-Free Zones Like The Walking Dead
By: Paul Dragu
- Russian Politician On Syria: “It is Our Land”
- Cultural Sanity: The Time To Choose Approaches Again
- Labor Force Participation Numbers Hit 38 Year Low
- Face Of Death
By: John Vernon
- Want to stop all mass killings? Ban all “Dangerous Stuff”
- Obamacare: If you like your doctor… go to hell
- ‘The Martian’ isn’t for everyone, but it’s really good if you love science
- Making The Case For More Guns In Schools
- Someone owes an apology.
- moelane: #rsrh How common *is* a lack of punctuality in politicians, these days?: http://t.co/eLz4XVNZco
- moelane: #rsrh The Daily Beast: Barack Obama, debate Wayne LaPierre!: http://t.co/6SaZ0yUUJm
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, You Failed, @SNLorneMichaels. You Have Abjectly Failed edition.: http://t.co/Dg1P2Cdsra
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Let Us Revisit One Of The Greatest Twitter Slams Ever edition.: http://t.co/4ifV1OYBUI
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, This Chick-fil-A Picture Should Surprise Nobody edition.: http://t.co/SWmJtNVdeX
- moelane: #rsrh Bad news on the BLS front.: http://t.co/71t6zH7yws
- moelane: #rsrh Lawrence Lessig upset that the Democrats aren't interested in treating him as people.: http://t.co/zWRySrSfH6
- moelane: #rsrh Bibi Netanyahu imposes a Minute of Shame at the UN.: http://t.co/rmAdFWPkPq
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Secular Inquisitors Rarely End Well edition.: http://t.co/0IrbU9AJy3
- moelane: #rsrh RNC to test out campaign, outreach infrastructure this month.: http://t.co/rGcrIK1Frw
- moelane: #rsrh Russian hackers trying to phish Hillary Clinton's servers? ...Okayyyy.: http://t.co/WRZXXUhTjy