The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- 2016 Gubernatorial Races: August Happenings in Review
- Negation with Hitler in 1938 was the same as negotiation with Putin.
- O’Brother Where Art Thou
By: John Vernon
- Why I now question the wisdom of a Trump vote. And why Carly Fiorina is looking better and better.
By: Paul Joseph
- Society’s Difficulties Cause By Sin
By: Marty Koval
- Why Trump has done so well in the polls- My thoughts
- The Battle for the 2016 House- August Edition
- The Emperor’s New Boobs
- Why Donald trump is right about anchor babies and the 14th amendment.
By: Paul Joseph
- Carly Fiorina Plays the Victim Card
- Why Carly Fiorina might actually be far better off NOT making the prime time CNN debate
- Planned Parenthood Needs Your Support
- Will Obama Surrender Guantanamo?
- President Biden Would Be Obama’s “Medvedev”
- 1508 Some Boundaries Cannot Be Crossed
By: Robert Ashby
- Our President is Delusional
- MERCENARIES vs. MISSIONARIES
By: Ed Willing
- We Need a New Republican Party
By: Conrad Close
- Big Brother HUD Decides Your Property Value and Your Neighbors
- Why does Planned Parenthood want to hear David Daleiden pee?
- North Korea Emails Suggest Clinton Foundation Collusion at State
By: Steve Berman
- Joe Biden IS running for President….(but just not right at this moment)
- The Champion Behind Texas Fetal Pain
- Our Immigration System Is Not Broken
- The Battle for the Senate- 2016: August Happenings in Review
- Trump has supported nearly all of Obama’s economic policy agenda
- Why Young People Fall Into The Bernie Sander’s Trap
- Ann Coulter has completely lost her mind….and apparently so have a lot of conservatives.
- A Principled Argument Dooms Chaffetz’s Internet Gaming Ban Legislation
- On Rick Perry, the Consultant Class, the Press Corps and Getting To The Big Boy Debates
By: Martin Knight
- China is Not a Free Market
- McConnell and Boehner plan preemptive surrender to baby killers
- Russia is a World Cancer.
- It’s More Than Just ‘Evil’, There’s A Malevolence At Work
By: Steve Berman
- GOP Presidential Betting Odds: Has the Debate Changed the Equation?
- The American dream! Jimmy Carter ??
By: Jane Miceli
- Killed in Airstrike: Top ISIS Hacker On Pentagon Hit List Who Threatened Attacks on US Military
By: Candice Lanier
- Quit Publicizing The #WDBJ Killers Snuff Video
By: Ulysses Arn
- Democrats Call on Obama to Bring in Muslim Refugees—But not Christians
- Abortion And Fossil Fuels…Are They Joined At The Hip?
- moelane: #rsrh Larry Kudlow contemplates running against Richard Blumenthal in CT-SEN.: http://t.co/ZPanNR6LhI
- moelane: #rsrh Mt. McKinley: political Cialis for Barack Obama.: http://t.co/wvYssT9IeU
- moelane: #rsrh A PSA for anybody reading this Daily Beast article on Hillary Clinton and guns.: http://t.co/LW14Ye69Ef
- moelane: #rsrh "Hillbry?" Who on Team Clinton thought that this was clever? And can we get that person promoted? http://t.co/KRggyGFQKV
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, ...Is This All That Hillary Clinton Has? edition: http://t.co/NfRA7nCsMG
- moelane: #rsrh @charlescwcooke: So, you Lefties want to repeal the Second Amendment, huh?: http://t.co/PqbkAyH5SG
- moelane: #rsrh George W. Bush.: http://t.co/EGOBX7FpAn
- moelane: #rsrh This @ShoreDems tweet tells you just how scared the Democrats are getting right now.: http://t.co/dIabkbZ7V6
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That's... Not What She Thinks, Surely? edition.: http://t.co/alYWecTaBC
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, A Democratic Veep Has A BIG Problem edition.: http://t.co/lRR1XSwmxd
- moelane: #rsrh How I generally react to the latest DNC/DCCC lunatic fundraising emails.: http://t.co/AGZhJCp243
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Does Hoplophobia Cause Brain Damage? edition.: http://t.co/m7e4Vj4L6B
- moelane: #rsrh Kansas and South Carolina decline to passively accept Gitmo detainees.: http://t.co/rzLqIgBldc
- moelane: #rsrh Maine-SEN: Gov. Paul LePage considering '18 run.: http://t.co/dr4b0yEyFF
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, This Is An Excellent Campaign Strategy edition.: http://t.co/GWRIhVGISz