The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- Legacy Fallacy
- Three Steps To Fundamentally Change America
By: John Liberty
- Boycott the State of the Union: An Absence of Followers is an Absence of Leadership
- What’s Next?
- The Hill Goes All In for An Establishment GOP Candidate in 2016
- Seeking Carbon Energy Stats
- Is ObamaCare working in your state?
- I was wrong about Black Thanksgiving: The Unbridled Spirit of Mammon
- The December Supreme Court Docket
- Secretary Hagel’s Sacking: Two Views
- President Lincoln’s 1863 Thanksgiving Proclamation
- A Ferguson Thought Experiment: Please play along
- EPA Proposes Its Most Expensive Regulation to Date
- Snoopy, Nehemiah, and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
- If “feeling” and “fact” disagree, flush the fact
- Another Reason for Obama’s Immigration Amnesty
- Schumer: Stimulus “Was a Mistake,” ObamaCare Addressed “Wrong Problem”; But Still Doesn’t Get It
- Will the Constitution Survive King Barack the Transformer?
- Senator Charles Schumer’s Seller’s Remorse
- The Amazing Invisible Police Brutality
- Escape from Leftism
- Good Night For America, Not So For Some
- Giving Back Can Be Fun
By: Amelia Hamilton
- Australia Embraces the Less Government-Free Trade Model – We Should Too
By: Seton Motley
- Failure in Ferguson Rooted In “God Damn America”
- Should Churches Be Subsidized For Preaching Politically Correct Propaganda?
- The Making of a Dictator
By: Joseph Blaikie
- BREAKING: No Indictment in Ferguson
- Chuck gets chucked — and that’s a good thing — for Chuck
- Presidential Executive Orders? Not So Much…
By: Mark Ramsey
- Surprise: 30,000 “Lost” Lois Lerner IRS Emails Turn Up
- Media Amnesty Polling – Fabricating the Herd Mentality
- BREAKING: Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision
- HRC Founder’s Former Lover Also Arrested
- The Power of Satire – President Obama’s Lawlessness Excoriated on SNL
- Marita Noon: Dear Northeast, How’s that solar working out for ya?
By: Marita Noon
- Remember When an Imperial Presidency was a Bad Thing?
- What the elections tell us about state governments and their constituents
- Ten Lessons From the Bush Administration
By: Dan McLaughlin
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, Democrats Of Days Past Are More Interesting Than Today's edition.: http://t.co/TEJqD8r2ef
- moelane: #rsrh Give Thanks that this was not your Thanksgiving.: http://t.co/ojdC5zz9z7
- moelane: #rsrh Barack Obama repays Harry Reid's loyalty with a calculated insult.: http://t.co/Ul6Fq2uDwA
- cayankee: Well worth reading: Do Democrats really believe Obama is within the scope of executive power? http://t.co/ydGmCfJM0h #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, ...Oh, It's So Obviously Barack Obama edition.: http://t.co/OKZ0Exh0vt
- cayankee: Does anyone want Hagel's job? http://t.co/J5ILt2pvtN #tcot #ccot #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh Random Presidential observation of the day.: http://t.co/BobG4CZzeD
- moelane: #rsrh The inevitable internal conflict of all left-protests in one tweet.: http://t.co/d5TvPM9SVf
- moelane: #rsrh How to talk politics with liberal family members at Thanksgiving this year.: http://t.co/MkqyKaYR7p
- moelane: #rsrh The inevitable Ferguson riots. 'Inevitable' thanks to the media, of course.: http://t.co/MbQGeYvTt3
- CalebHowe: RT @cayankee: Don't miss Bruce Thorton's "Obama the Tyrant. http://t.co/rscYRfOJuD well worth reading. #tcot #ccot #RSRH
- cayankee: Don't miss Bruce Thorton's "Obama the Tyrant. http://t.co/rscYRfOJuD well worth reading. #tcot #ccot #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the day, I. CANNOT. WAIT. edition.: http://t.co/Wc0O6vxrTm
- moelane: #rsrh Also: we told you so. http://t.co/xe78wONPhc The guy was endorsed by *Louis Farrakhan*, for goodness' sake.
- moelane: #rsrh Even the liberal WaPo Fact Checker has to give this one four Pinocchios: http://t.co/GapBGqRSUt
- moelane: #rsrh :raised eyebrow: Chuck Hagel stepping down as SecDef.: http://t.co/zuvcupJyka
- moelane: #rsrh There will be no place in the Republican party for Jim Webb.: http://t.co/ngkiS1Z5mh
- Aaron_RS: If you aren’t sure what the #RSWB is all about, check out this short promo video. http://t.co/CHLtxNJd8T #rstv #rsrh
- Aaron_RS: RT @CalebHowe: Snark Factor Immigration MST3K Edition http://t.co/SR0VxCLXxG via @ftr__radio #rsrh #LOL
- cayankee: Will Boehner expand suit over Obama's abuse of executive powers to cover #Bamnessty? http://t.co/4f1QYhVdhb #RSRH