The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy…Reagan’s Way!
The Best Way to Stimulate the Economy would be for the Federal Government to Slash Capital Gains Taxes, Corporate Income Taxes, and the Individual Income Tax Rates, thereby increasing Liquidity available to Individuals and Businesses to Make Decisions about Their Own Economic Circumstances.In 1981, President Ronald Reagan Championed the Passage of the Economic Recovery Tax Act (The Kemp-Roth Bill). It Cut individual Federal Income Tax Brackets by 25 percent, Phased Over Three Years, and Indexed the Rates against Inflation to Prevent Creeping Bracket Increases in Future Years. The Act also Instituted the Accelerated Cost Recovery System and a 10 Percent Investment Tax Credit, which led to a Substantial Increase in Capital Formation. The Goal was to Create Incentives by Removing Significant Government Barriers to Investment, Productivity, and Growth. The Result: Inflation Dropped from 13.5 percent in 1980 to 4.1 percent in 1988. Interest Rates dropped from 18 percent on a thirty-year fixed mortgage in 1981 to 8 percent in 1987; and Unemployment dropped from a peak near 10 percent in the recession of 1981-82 to 5.5 percent in 1989, once the full force of the tax cuts kicked in.* The Reagan economic program, based largely on free market principles, spurred economic prosperity that created, over the next twenty-five years, forty-three million jobs and $30 Trillion in wealth.http://townhall.com/columnists/georgeallen/2007/08/13/reagan_tax_cuts_lifted_americanshttp://t.co/wup0V6s
+ Source is: Editorial, “Still Morning in America,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 20, 2006, A14.In The Free Market, A Man Born into Wealth or who has otherwise acquired Great Riches can lose his fortune depending on how he chooses to behave. Conversely, a Man Born into Poverty or who has lost wealth once obtained can acquire a fortune, depending, again, on how he chooses to behave. When the individual or even a large business makes a wrong decision, its impact is limited and more easily absorbed by the free market. However, when the Statist makes a wrong decision, its impact is far-reaching, for he uses the power of government to impose his decision on as many individuals and businesses as possible, which distorts the free market itself.
- Comments on Recent Supreme Court Actions
- Voxster Beauchamp’s outrageous anti-Israel lies
- Mark Pryor dismisses Tom Cotton’s military service as “entitlement”
- Paul Dietzel for Louisiana’s 6th Congressional District
By: Joe Cunningham
- Propagandists Attempt To Imbue Immigrants With Messianic Perfection
- Is America Ready For Another “Two-Fer” Clinton presidency?
- Gizmodo Punks Vox.com
- Taxpayers Paying Planned Parenthood to Promote Pro-Abortion ObamaCare
By: Matthew Clark
- Winning the Argument: How WV Democrats are Turning to the GOP
- US control of ICANN is a big deal
- The Watercooler ~ An Open Thread
- Nevada GOP no longer opposes abortion or same-sex marriage [UPDATE]
- Sewage leaks and salvation — Christian lessons in a plumbing disaster
- Atheist Lobby Prefers Debauchery Among Athletes
- Everything You Hate About D.C. is in the Podesta Divorce
- @Maddow Lies and HuffPo’s @CathTaibi Acts As Fluffer
- The Gurr Plan. A simple fix to the Republican leadership problem
By: Eric Gurr
- Will the FCC Force Television Online Even If Aereo Loses in Court?
- 0bama’s Economic Adviser
- Happy Earth Day: I want my $10,000
- The Religion of Politics
By: Joe Cunningham
- The Misogyny of John Paul Stevens
- Diversity or Reversity?
By: Gary Wiram
- Are NSA Nerds Obsessed With Prom Date Gossip?
- Would We the People Ratify the Constitution Today?
- God’s Not Dead
- The 2014 state of wind energy
By: Marita Noon
- The “Consider This!” Podcast, Episode 73: The Freedom of Speech; Culturally and Legally
By: Doug Payton
- Electoral College Meddling
- Rethinking Income Inequality
- Astrophysicist Neil Degrasse Tyson misses the target and gets lost in the race space…
- Is America ready to elect Golda Meir, er……..Hillary Clinton, as President?
- The progressive pedigree
- Five Reasons Why the Shroud of Turin Could Be Authentic
- Scientific Evidence for the Resurrection
By: Rick Yuzzi
- The Watercooler ~ Just As I Am
- The Obama press conference — a smug, shameful liar on FULL display
- Week 16 Chronological Bible Reading – 2014
- Easter Weekend and the Clash of Faith versus Science
- Has Los Angeles Fallen, or Was it Pushed?
By: Inwar Resolution
- moelane: #rsrh Pat Quinn thinks black Republicans are like Jewish collaborators to Nazis. ...No, really.: http://t.co/EnJ9BN1Xkl
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, Speaking Of Recycling... edition.: http://t.co/9wHydZGWAP
- VladimirRS: The hypocrisy of anti-#KXL green magnate Tom Steyer reaches Gore-esque proportions. #rsrh #EarthDay2014 http://t.co/oS1N59IuBZ
- moelane: #rsrh More of #Obamacare's unfortunate math.: http://t.co/N2OdDr4swj
- presjpolk: We haven't seen growth in the proportion of Americans who are "concerned believers" in globowarmism. http://t.co/zT4q9XsWYY #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh New Hampshire paper slams Jeanne Shaheen for Keystone cowardice.: http://t.co/TpT6mjapXt
- Jake_W: This will most certainly end well. http://t.co/4zKFo4xsIX #tcot #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Why I no longer support full disclosure of political donations.: http://t.co/WY1wmYqqZi
- moelane: #rsrh Hey, @SenBlumenthal: STAND BEHIND the Yellow Line, you nitwit.: http://t.co/X7S4rYTWVG
- presjpolk: Hint: If there was actually no Heartbleed exposure on http://t.co/KKD6EOiUDh servers, they wouldn't do a reset. http://t.co/krM3SNnlWc #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh The OMG YOU NEED TO GET THESE GEORGE HW BUSH SOCKS post.: http://t.co/QEso5837Qr
- moelane: RT @presjpolk: Congratulations Edward Snowden on your award nominations. http://t.co/jK32yj4viC #rsrh
- presjpolk: Congratulations Edward Snowden on your award nominations. http://t.co/jK32yj4viC #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Barack Obama (who campaigned against signing statements) issues signing statement. Again.: http://t.co/IzvN3SepH0
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, I Clearly Partied With The Wrong Parliamentarians edition.: http://t.co/Hc3X5dWYIF
- moelane: #rsrh I imagine Russia is much like Dr. Doom's Latveria, at times.: http://t.co/kCzET39S6t
- presjpolk: More of this please. Poland's a great start, but we need to be in the Baltics, too. http://t.co/WDbswTlGQ3 #rsrh
- VladimirRS: Now Wind Turbines Threaten the Lesser Prairie Chicken #rsrh http://t.co/yrmrkXuz5T