Ever notice how many times Obama asserts that he is the President of the United States? What was at first to me just an annoying speech pattern, is now starting to make me wonder if it doesn't have some deeper psychological significance. A few dates that I've found (not necessarily in chronological order):
- May27, 2010 press conference, " I am the President and the buck stops with me"
- Feb 25, 2010 - health summit, "I don't count my time because I am the President"
- June 23, 2009- press conference, " Only I am the President" when asked about criticism from McCain and Graham
- August 6, 2009 - speech in McLean, VA, "I am the President" .. and doesn't want those who created the mess to do a lot of talking
- December 6, 2009 - Kennedy Center, " I remember I am the President, but he's the Boss (Springsteen)
I'm sure there are many, many more. I've also heard him say many, many times, " I didn't run for President of the United States to ...... (fill in the blank)".
If there is anyone out there with the time, patience and talent to do a mash-up video of all the times he makes this unnecessary assertion, it would be great. Might even go viral.