It appears that the government of The United Kingdom has banned radio host and NY Times best selling author Michael Savage. The Independent has the full story here. Link to Savage’s radio program website here.
Sixteen people banned from entering the UK were “named and shamed” by the Home Office today.
Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said she decided to make public the names of 16 people banned since October so others could better understand what sort of behaviour Britain was not prepared to tolerate.
The list includes hate preachers, anti-gay protesters and a far- right US talk show host.
“I think it’s important that people understand the sorts of values and sorts of standards that we have here, the fact that it’s a privilege to come and the sort of things that mean you won’t be welcome in this country,” Ms Smith told GMTV.
“Coming to this country is a privilege. If you can’t live by the rules that we live by, the standards and the values that we live by, we should exclude you from this country and, what’s more, now we will make public those people that we have excluded.
“We are publishing the names of 16 of those that we have excluded since October. We are telling people who they are and why it is we don’t want them in this country.”
She said the number of people excluded from Britain had risen from an average of two a month to five a month since October.
The list of the 16 “least wanted” includes radio talk show host Michael Savage, real name Michael Weiner.
“This is someone who has fallen into the category of fomenting hatred, of such extreme views and expressing them in such a way that it is actually likely to cause inter-community tension or even violence if that person were allowed into the country,” Ms Smith told BBC Breakfast.
What crime did some of these people commit? Some are terrorists others just spoke out:
“If people have so clearly overstepped the mark in terms of the way not just that they are talking but the sort of attitudes that they are expressing to the extent that we think that this is likely to cause or have the potential to cause violence or inter-community tension in this country, then actually I think the right thing is not to let them into the country in the first place. Not to open the stable door then try to close it later,” Ms Smith said.
“It’s a privilege to come to this country. There are certain behaviours that mean you forfeit that privilege.”
Hamas MP Yunis Al-Astal, Jewish extremist Mike Guzovsky, former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard Stephen Donald Black and neo-Nazi Erich Gliebe are also on the list released today.
Artur Ryno and Pavel Skachevsky, the former leaders of a violent Russian skinhead gang which committed 20 racially motivated murders, are also banned from coming to Britain. Both are currently in prison.
Making up the rest of the 16 named by the Home Office today are preachers Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim, Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal, Safwat Hijazi and Amir Siddique, Muslim activist Abdul Ali Musa (previously Clarence Reams), murderer and Hezbollah terrorist Samir Al Quntar and Kashmiri terror group leader Nasr Javed.
Now that’s an interesting list. Just how though did a radio host and best selling author make it onto that list? Exactly what did he say? Below is the list of books written by Dr. Michael Savage. I would love for someone to find something that is worth banning him from The United Kingdom.
This is a tragic event in this history of a once great nation. A clear sign of the power held by the fascist left that now rules and confines far too many western countries.
Books as Michael Savage
- The Death of the White Male, Mill Valley, CA: Quantum Books, 1991, ISBN 0-9128-4508-2
- The Savage Nation, Nashville: WND Books, 2002, ISBN 0-7852-6353-5
- The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on our Schools, Faith, and Military, Nashville: Nelson Current, 2003, ISBN 0-7852-6102-8
- Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder, Nashville: Nelson Current, 2005, ISBN 1-59555-006-2
- The Political Zoo, Nashville: Nelson Current, 2006, ISBN 1-59555-042-9
- Psychological Nudity, 2008, ISBN 1-4276-3401-7
Books as Michael Weiner
- Plant a Tree, New York: Collier Books, 1975, ISBN 0471571040
- Bugs in Peanut Butter, Boston: Little, Brown, 1976, ISBN 0316928607
- Man’s Useful Plants, New York: Macmillan. 1976, ISBN 0027926001
- The Taster’s Guide to Beer: Brews and Breweries of the World, Macmillan, 1977, ISBN 0026256002
- Earth Medicine, Earth Food, New York: Macmillan Pub. Co., 1980, ISBN 002625610X
- The Way of the Skeptical Nutritionist, New York: Macmillan, 1981, ISBN 0026256207
- The Art of Feeding Children Well (with Kathleen Goss), Warner Books, 1982, ISBN 0446978906
- Nutrition Against Aging, Bantam books, 1983, ISBN 0553236423
- Secrets of Fijian Medicine, Quantum Books, 1983, ISBN 0912845023
- Vital Signs, San Diego: Avant Books, 1983, ISBN 0932238203
- Getting Off Cocaine, Avon Books, February, 1984, ISBN 0380679000
- Dr. Savage’s High Fiber Counter, Pinnacle Books, May, 1984, ISBN 0523422113
- Maximum Immunity, Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1986, ISBN 0395379105
- Reducing the Risk of Alzheimer’s, New York: Stein and Day, 1987, re-published under the name Michael Savage, Ph.D., in 2007, ISBN 0946551537
- The Complete Book of Homeopathy, Garden City Park, N.Y.: Avery Pub., 1989, ISBN 0895294125
- The Herbal Bible, San Rafael, CA: Quantum Books, 1992, ISBN 0912845066
- Healing Children Naturally, San Rafael, CA: Quantum Books, 1993, re-published under the name Michael Savage, Ph.D., in 2007, ISBN 0912845104
- Herbs That Heal: Prescription for Herbal Healing, Mill Valley, CA: Quantum Books, 1994, ISBN 0912845112
- The Antioxidant Cookbook, Mill Valley, CA: Quantum Books, 1995, ISBN 0912845139