FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR
If 2+2=4, when does S+E+I+U=RICO?
OR, IS EVERYTHING STILL THE SIX DEGREES OF KEVIN BACON?
Isn’t it amazing that, whenever there is some sort of controversy involving voter registration fraud, or other election shenanigans, somewhere lurking in the shadows is the Purple Hand of the SEIU? Of course, it could be merely a coincidence…if one believes in coincidences. Or, it could be something bigger, and much more nefarious.
Over the past several weeks, we’ve been cataloging some of the “coincidences” leading up to next week’s mid-term elections. Here’s the recap:
- In Milwaukee, a SEIU lobbyist brags about a hatchet job the union is planning on Republican Scott Walker on behalf of Democrat Tom Barrett, with media cooperation.
- In Washington state, an SEIU member was arrested for allegedly forging signatures on petitions
- In Harris County, TX a group run by a former SEIU staffer allegedly turned in over 23,000 fraudulent voter registrations [Video of said former SEIU staffer here.]
- Note: The situation seems to have deteriorated further as actual voting has begun.
- In Arizona, the SEIU (and affiliated groups) allegedly signed up 20,000 voters and was involved in get out the vote early rallies where it is possible that ballots from undocumented immigrants were sent in.
- Ironically, on Tuesday, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals threw out Arizona’s requirement that citizen’s show proof of citizenship in order to vote.
Now, let us cover what has happened over the last week:
- In Colorado, 6,000 voter registrations were canceled under Colorado’s 20-day rule. The SEIU and SEIU-affiliated groups sought a preliminary injunction to reactivate the cancelled registrations.
- In Yuma, Arizona, Mi Familia Vota (a group connected to the SEIU and whose national treasurer is SEIU’s Eliseo Medina) and One Vote Arizona turned in more than 3,000 voter registrations, of which 65% were invalid. Yuma County [AZ-7] is where Democrat (socialist) Raúl M. Grijalva is in a tight race against Republican Ruth McClung [h/t Jim Hoft].
- On Tuesday, the Washington Examiner’s Mark Hemingway reported Nevada’s Clark County had voting machines that had Democrat Harry Reid’s name already checked. To make matters worse, the voting machine technicians are represented by the SEIU.
Again, this could all be purely coincidental. Then again, maybe it’s not.
Given that there are only several days left before November 2nd, at some point (and that point may be coming very soon), there should be an official inquiry as to whether all of these incidences are a coordinated endeavor to undermine America’s election processes nationwide…or just the six degrees of Kevin Bacon run amok.
If it indeed appears to be a coordinated effort (as opposed to the six degrees of Kevin Bacon), then some U.S. Attorney somewhere may wish to explore if the RICO statutes may be applied to voter registration fraud.
Somehow, if the SEIU is involved and coordinating efforts (which, again, we cannot say one way or another) and RICO were to apply, we cannot believe that Mary Kay Henry would take the rap for something that may have been Andy Stern’s creation.
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776