FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR
As Wisconsin Implodes, White House Plans Meeting With AFL-CIO War Council
"Organizing for America is mobilizing on the ground in Wisconsin..."
Today is the third straight day of protests in Madison, Wisconsin as Barack Obama’s shock troops storm the state capitol to fight Governor Walker’s plan to reform the public-sector scam that has ravaged that state for decades.
As Democrats fled the statehouse (to an apparently non-union hotel in Illinois) to avoid doing the duties they were elected for and capitol staffers were told to lock their doors, the impression that the rest of America may have is that this is a “spontaneous” uprising (sort of like Tunisia and Egypt were supposed to be spontaneous). However, if that’s what you’re thinking, you couldn’t be more mistaken.
Despite his feigning ignorance on the situation in Wisconsin, the President’s background is as a “community organizer,” working with groups like ACORN and the SEIU. As a community organizer, their modus operandi is to make it seem as though marches and protests are “popular uprisings” [yeah, Mubarek got pwned].
Because of this background, this should come as no surprise to you…
According to the DNC’s activist arm OFA, “Organizing for America is mobilizing on the ground in Wisconsin…”
That’s right. The Democrat National Committee’s Organizing for America (along with their union boss buddies) are helping to orchestrate the “uprising” in Madison.
[Perhaps that's what Nancy Pelosi means by "astroturf."]
You can follow the OFA tweets from Wisconsin here.
However, it gets even better.
On March 4th, [via Politico] a closed-door meeting is being held at the AFL-CIO headquarters to ostensibly discuss the 2010 elections. The presenters include operatives from the AFL-CIO, DSCC, DGA and operatives from other “shadowy outside groups.”
Here’s the schedule (and list of speakers):
National Briefing (9:00am)
- Joel Benenson, Benenson Strategy Group
- Nathan Daschle, Former DGA Executive Director
- JB Poersch, Former DSCC Executive Director
- Jon Vogel, Former DCCC Executive Director
- Mike Podhorzer, AFL-CIO
Nevada Panel (10:30am)
- Travis Brock, Former Nevada Democratic Party ED
- Lorena Chambers, Chambers Lopez & Gaitán
- Brandon Hall, Former Reid Manager
- Jill Hanauer, Project New West
- Craig Varoga & George Rakis, Patriot Majority
Wisconsin Panel (10:30am)
- Heather Colburn, Political Consultant
- Paul Maslin, FM3
- Mike Tate, Democratic Party of Wisconsin
Ohio Panel (1:00pm)
- Doug Kelly & Lauren Groh-Wargo, Ohio Democratic Party
- Aaron Pickrell, Former Strickland Manager
- Will Robinson, The New Media Project
Colorado Panel (1:00pm)
- Guy Cecil, DSCC Executive Director
- Paul Harstad, Harstad Research
- Steve Stenberg, The Strategy Group
New Hampshire Panel (1:00pm)
- Nick Baldick, Hilltop Public Solutions
- Matt Hogan, Anzalone Research
- Valerie Martin, Former Hodes manager
- Ed Peavy, Mission Control
Florida Panel (2:30pm)
- Dave Beattie, Hamilton Campaigns
- New Mexico Panel (2:30pm)
- Dawn Laguens, LKK Partners
- Mike Bocian, Greenberg Quinlan Rosner
Iowa Panel (2:30pm)
- Pete Giangreco, The Strategy Group
- Jeff Link, Link Strategies
- John Lapp, Ralston Lapp Media
- Jef Pollock, Global Strategy Group
Minnesota Panel (4:00pm)
- Jeff Blodgett, Wellstone Action
- Andy O’Leary, Minnesota DFL
- Robert Richman, Grassroots Solutions
Pennsylvania Panel (4:00pm)
- JJ Balaban, The Campaign Group
- Kevin Mack, Mack Crounse Group
- David Petts, Bennett, Petts & Normington
Michigan Panel (4:00pm)
- Amy Chapman, Grassroots Democrats
- Mark Brewer, Michigan Democratic Party
- Wendy Fields Jacobs, UAW
- Walt Herzig, Former Bernero Manager
As stated on another post, the battle is in front of you.
This is just the beginning.
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776