Obama Debt Commissioner: “This debt will be like a cancer”
Our debt being a “cancer.” Oh really? Last month I did a post on this same subject. Obama’s Debt Commission has some unusual committee persons.
I’ll re-cap them here:
- Sen. Alan Simpson. Former Republican Senator from Wyoming.
- Erskine Bowles, Chief of Staff to President Clinton.
- Bruce Reed, Chief Domestic Policy Adviser to President Clinton.
- Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT)
- Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-CA 31)
- Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI 4)
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK)
- Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND)
- David Cote, Chairman and CEO, Honeywell International
- Sen. Mike Crapo (R-ID
- Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL)
- Ann Fudge, Former CEO, Young & Rubicam Brands
- Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH)
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX 5)
- Alice Rivlin, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institute and former Director, Office of Management & Budget
- Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI 1)
- Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL 9) Rep. John Spratt (D-SC 5)
- Andrew Stern, President, Service Employees International Union
What’s unusual about this group, besides Andy Stern being there is who is not on the list. There are no Nobel-Prize winning economists; no economists; no professors of economics; no leading accounting firms; not even a Certified Public Accountant. No banks, bankers, investment firms, international monetary investors or traders.
Here is Co-chair Erskine Bowles on the subject:
We need to restore some fiscal sanity as a nation, or we are gonna go broke. If we stay on auto-pilot like we are, the debt we are accumulating will be like a cancer and definitely destroy this country from within.
Yep. Mr. Bowles. Doesn’t take an “expert” to know that one. The national debt as/of the writing of this post is: