“Extortion” “Hostage-taking” “Insane”: Yes, Mr. President, You’re Exactly Right
The reports of the Chicago style political assault on the American people being waged by the Obama Administration are astounding.
Here are just a few of the reports:
- World War II veterans being banned from their own memorial.
- Elderly homeowners “were told to leave their home last week because it sits on federal land.”
- A “privately run inn along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina” is under a “24/7 blockade.”
- A private “restaurant was also told to close, since it sits inside Independence National Historical Park.”
- “Seniors Held Under Armed Guard Last Week at Yellowstone National Park,” prevented from leaving their hotel.
- “Runner Fined $100 At Valley Forge Amid Government Shutdown” after parking “in a remote parking lot, not one blocked by a barrier.”
What words would you use to describe this?
“Extortion”. “Hostage-taking”. “Ransom”. “Deadbeat”. “Blow the whole thing up”. “Insane”.
Well, according to an analysis by the Washington Post, those “are just a few of the words and phrases that President Obama is using to describe (and deride),” not what his Administration is doing to ordinary Americans but the principled stance of Members of Congress who refuse to cave to his radical agenda.
It’s political extortion and it must end.
Matthew Clark is Associate Counsel for Government Affairs and Media Advocacy with the ACLJ. A lifelong citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia, he lives with his wife and three boys in Northern Virginia. Follow Matthew Clark: @_MatthewClark.