Last week—very quietly—America’s abortion giant released its 2009-2010 Annual Report.
A few sickening statistics from the report:
- Planned Parenthood reported receiving $487 million in taxpayer funding. That means taxpayer funding makes up nearly half (46%) of Planned Parenthood’s revenue.
- For the first time ever, Planned Parenthood has topped one billion ($1,009,600,000) in total net assets.
What are taxpayers getting for their buck?
- 329,445 abortions, making up 91% of Planned Parenthood’s services to pregnant women. Of the three million people that walked through the doors of a Planned Parenthood clinic, one out of 12 received an abortion.
- 31,098 prenatal services for women, making up just 8.6% of overall services to pregnant woman.
- 841 adoption referrals, a mere 0.2% of services to pregnant women. (This number continues to drop. In 2008, PP reported 2,405 adoption referrals).
It is an outrage that with over a billion dollars in assets, Planned Parenthood continues to rely on the taxpayer’s dime to increase its bottom line (PP reported a $18.5 million profit). Fortunately, for the majority of Americans that want OUT of the abortion business, there is good news.
Following the February 2011 release of Live Action’s undercover videos showing Planned Parenthood employees caught in the act of aiding and abetting alleged child-traffickers, momentum has only grown in the fight to expose the abortion giant:
… An unprecedented effort by statewide and federal leaders to defund them.
… Uniform agreement amongst Republican presidential candidates that they should be defunded.
… A wave of former employees willing to testify against them. And a groundbreaking congressional investigation of Planned Parenthood initiated by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.).
But we must keep up the pressure. Please start the year off right by taking action immediately.