FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR
Post-Dispatch rewriting articles for the Russ[/Robin] Carnahan campaign[s]*? [UPDATED]
Which is, by the way, kind of *sad* of them.
For those wondering, Jake Wagman was the guy who earlier tried to pass off this photo:
…as some sort of evidence that Russ Carnahan is some sort of rock-em, sock-em Congressman (and not, say, evidence of why American political dynasties rarely survive the third generation). Needless to say, after being thoroughly mocked for it the reporter corrected – so you’d think that the guy learned his lesson about uncritically working with the Carnahan campaign[s], right?
Yeah, you know where this is going.To summarize 24thState:
- Jake Wagman of the Post-Dispatch writes an article suggesting that Roy Blunt’s not being on a particular list in that Leaked RNC Presentation That Would Be Meaningful During Any Other Election Cycle (LRPTWBMDAOEC) suggested that Blunt’s not being taken seriously as a candidate by the RNC.
- 24thState takes a bunch of screenshots.
- It turns out that the list in question was of Democratic-held seats that are ripe for takeover. Hence, no reason to have Blunt on the list.
- Wagman rewrites the article, without mentioning said rewrite.
- Preliminary conclusion by 24th State? Wagman should have noted the revision, but it happens.
- Then 24thState discovers some Tweets from the [Robin*] Carnahan campaign/Democratic party of MO, which predated the Wagman article – and which pushed precisely the same angle as Wagman did.
- And it’s apparently not the first time that the Post-Dispatch and/or Wagman’s done this, either.
- If Wagman’s going to have a history of being in the tank for Russ [& Robin]* Carnahan, mere pity at that particular life choice shouldn’t stop people from bringing it up.
- Whatever it is that [Russ]* Carnahan has, is apparently contagious.
- Ed Martin is running for [Russ']* seat. That’s not a conclusion, but it’s starting to look like a bit of a relief.
Crossposted to RedState.
*See what I did there, Jake? I had it pointed out to me that it was the Robin Carnahan campaign who pushed the email, which I neglected to fully explain in my sheer joy of smacking Russ Carnahan around. Because that’s a significant change, I didn’t erase the original story.
It’s not hard to do this.