Questions Romney Didn’t Answer at Today’s Townhall
Mitt Romney held a “townhall” in Dayton, OH today. While he chose to answer several questions, he left many answered. The following is a list of a few which warrant a response by the governor. Just a precursory glance at the Romney record file compiled more than four years ago is enough to cause committed conservatives much discomfort.
- Do you regret your support of abortion pill RU-486?
- How can you claim to strongly support 2nd amendment rights when you supported Clinton’s assault weapons ban, increased gun licensing fees 400%, and claim to not “line up with the NRA”?
- Do you think your myriad of state “fee” increases is partly responsibility for Massachusetts underperforming the national job creation rate?
- Do you consider the 24% increase of state spending during your final three years as governor to be a fiscally responsible example?
- Do you still support the internet tourism tax you once proposed?
- You once stated capturing Osama bin Laden would result in “very insignificant increase in safety for America.” Do you still subscribe to that analysis?
- Do you still support a 10% tax on private donations to political campaigns?
- How can you be trusted to defend First Amendment free speech while advocating capping election spending and abolishing PAC’s? Have you changed your views on this?
- Do you still believe that “those here paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process towards application for citizenship? Or have you changed your mind on this since 2006?
- Do you still support increasing excise taxes on vehicles with low MPG?
- Were you surprised at the praise your state health care plan received from Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry?
- Do you regret signing into law a health care plan which required Planned Parenthood to be a representative on a state health policy panel?
- Do you believe that a self-described “progressive-on-social-issues governor of Massachusetts” should be trusted by conservatives to nominate constitutionalists to the court?
- Did you misspeak when you stated “Hillary Clinton is very much right, it does take a village”?
- If you admire Reagan so much, why did you emphatically proclaim, “I was an independent during the time of Reagan-Bush. I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush”?
- Why did you appoint a pro-choice judge to state district court after supposedly becoming pro-life?
- Do you still “think it’s important that people not see me as a pro-life candidate”?
- Do you still believe we “should sustain and support” Roe v. Wade?
- Do you support your wife’s decision to give funds from your joint checking account to Planned Parenthood?
- Why did you appoint a strong supporter of abortion rights to the Somerville District Court AFTER you’re conversion to the pro-life cause?
- Do you think it fiscally responsible to subsidize insurance, as your health care plan did, for those making THREE TIMES the poverty level?
- Do you regret signing into law Commonwealth Care, which subsidizes abortions?
- Are you still a “rodent and rabbit hunter”?
- Do you regret your decision to “recommit the commonwealth to affirmative action”?