Does running a country with over 300 million citizens really need to be so complicated?
It seems to me that if every capable adult was responsible for his or herself, and if every community was responsible for itself, and if every city were responsible for its citizens, then every state in our union should have no difficulty running its affairs. In such a case, running the country would be fairly easy.
Instead, we have CHILDREN running things. We have petty squabbling and envious backstabbing, and power mad manipulation. And this from our LEADERS! The folks we are supposed to look up to and respect for their wisdom. And, a great number of these “leaders” are actively dumbing down the populace and instilling in their constituents a sense of helplessness, entitlement, and irresponsibility.
I’m just a simple man (Literally. I have the attention span of a gnat, so my wife can only tell me to do one thing at a time, or I will get distracted along the way and forg- SQUIRREL!). But, even with my overcharged mind and moderate education, I now believe even I could run this country. And, I could run it better than any blue-blooded Harvard graduate with Bilderburger connections. I mean, seriously, look at Obama. He is absolutely awful. ANYONE could do a better job.
So, what would I do? Glad you asked. If I were President, the very first thing I’d do is to always speak honestly and directly. I’d throw in a metaphor every once in a while, but I’d make sure that anything I had to say was worth taking the time to listen to.
Also, Political Correctness be damned. Responsible people want to hear the truth. They don’t want leaders who dance around their answers to questions or who are afraid to speak their minds. Pandering to race baiters and grievance mongers who will whine about anything and everything anyway is condescending and just a waste of time.
Soon after taking office, I would support the introduction of bills in the House that would abolish the IRS, the NEA, and the DoE. I would seek to implement a national Flat Tax where citizens are taxed 10% across the board; with no deductions (the working poor would be granted tax credits). Incentives for transitioning from poverty to a livable state would be offered in the form of job training education.
As a matter of course, I’d require every lobbyist who came to Washington and met with ANY politician, aide, or staffer to first sign in with a Congressional clerk. Those records would immediately be made available to the public. Within one week, that information would be displayed via the Congressional web site.
As President, I’d propose and later sign House- and Senate-approved bills that would do the following:
- During election campaigns, any television, Internet, or radio commercial that disseminates lies and misrepresentations of fact to the American people would subject candidates to significant fines. The offending candidate would need to immediately apologize to the American public for attempting to defraud them.
- Make it against the Constitution for congressmen and women to vote on any bill they haven’t read. An affidavit would need to be signed by each of those who intend to vote yes on the bill. During a vote, absolutely no vote buying and undue influence negotiations would be allowed. All members would be required to remain silent until it is their turn to cast a vote. No last minute speeches would be allowed.
- Any proposed bills would need to be focused on a single issue only; with absolutely no pork or unrelated amendments allowable. Only amendments that modify procedure and implementation of the bill would be allowable; as long as they are relevant. The names of the politicians who attach amendments would immediately become public knowledge.
- The language of all bills introduced and passed would need to be written so that the average American with at least a high school level education could understand it. Legalese could be attached as appendices, as long as the language in the main body of the bill is clear to begin with.
- Any bills introduced in the House would be required to be available for public review for no less than one month before it could be voted on. The same for the Senate.
- No one party could manipulate the House and Senate rules to grant themselves an advantage by denying the opposing party members reasonable opportunities to debate issues and to represent their constituents.
- During session, any Majority or Minority Speaker who knowingly misinforms or lies to the American public, in contravention of documented fact, would be stripped of their position, and would be subject to criminal prosecution for breaking their oath to uphold the Constitution.
- Absolutely NO national business could occur behind closed door sessions, unless national security depended on it. In the event that national security issues are leaked and reported by the media, the person(s) responsible for the leak would be subject to criminal prosecution for treason.
- All representatives and senators would be required to maintain a Washington-based web site that allows constituents to post comments about issues and votes, and to ask questions. A reasonable number of questions must be answered by the Congressperson (or by designated aides responding on his or her behalf) within a month of their posting. Should any sitting Congressperson fail to maintain their site and respond consistently with their constituents, this information will be made public both in Washington and in the politician’s home state.
- ALL agencies and departments of the federal government would have six months to prepare their operational budgets for auditing. Those found to be operating inefficiently would be given six months to comply with written goals, or face restaffing. Agencies and departments found to be unnecessary or obsolete would be immediately disbanded. The results of all audits and actions taken would be made available to the public, except when doing so would harm national security.
Three words, people: Rule. of. Law. Federal immigration laws would immediately be enforced. Absolutely no Amnesty. If corrupt politicians in Mexico who are beholden to drug lords and Reconquista organizations get upset, I don’t care. As President, I would uphold my Constitutional vow. I would back up our military, border patrol, and national guard; as any good Commander in Chief should do.
As far as foreign policy is concerned, I would publicly denounce any actions perpetrated by a world leader or regime against their citizens. I would not recognize illegitimate governments, nor would I ever allocate tax payer monies to bribe, assuage, or aid them. I would push for immediate dismantling of the United Nations on American soil. We would quit membership and immediately cease any and all funding for that organization.
I most certainly would NEVER denigrate or weaken the image of this nation, and I would powerfully defend its honor and safety against false claims or threats by our enemies.
I’d advocate reassertion of States’ Rights. I would assist in weakening central government by relinquishing responsibility for governing those things that are the purview of State Government; as outlined in the Constitution, and as intended by our Framers (based on their writings).
Finally, I’d promote a national program, in conjunction with state agencies, to educate our citizens about our national history and heritage, our system of government, and their civil rights. I would treat adult citizens like adults, and I would personally lead by example the character traits that I would like our children to develop.
So, if you’re still with me, THAT’S what I would do if I were President, and THAT is what I wish the next Conservative President of the United States would strive to accomplish.