Rumor has it that Chris Widener will announce in the next few days that he’s forming an exploratory committee to determine the feasibility of a run against Patty Murray in 2010. As I outlined here, Chris is the founder of Positively Republican, a group that educates voters about the positive benefits of conservatism for people in every station of life.
From the Positively Republican Facebook page:
We will articulate and promote a positive vision for:
- Living the American Dream
- National Security
- Government Reform and Efficiency
- Economic Vitality and Growth
- Leadership in Moral/Social Issues
- Energy Independence
- Responsible Protection of the Environment
- Affordable Quality Health Care
- Excellence in Education
Our core values:
- Positive and Optimistic Attitude
- Servant Leadership
- Standards of Excellence
New poll results out today from SurveyUSA should help hurry his decision along; Murray’s job approval rating stands at 48%. Historically, Murray’s rating has stood well over 50%.
Cross posted at It’s Only Words.