A Family Discussion with Republican Presidential Candidates
Sponsored by The Family Leader, Citizen Link, and The National Organization for Marriage.
5:00 EST in Des Moines, IA, moderated by pollster Frank Luntz.
Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum (confirmed); and Mitt Romney (wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole) (invited).
Webcast at Citizen Link will begin at 4:30 EST.
PDF list of radio stations carrying the forum live.
““I promise this won’t be like anything you’ve ever seen. No gotcha questions by the panel. No spin by the politicians. Just an authentic discussion among the people who seek to lead this great nation. It has the potential to be the most important forum of the primary presidential campaign.” ~ Frank Luntz
What to look for:
- A rehash of Perry’s Gardisil problem (if I were a betting person I’d suggest a wager on whether Bachmann, Santorum, or Paul brings it up)
- A Rick Perry who is much better prepared to handle this question than the one we saw at the first debate.
- Bachmann and Santorum trying to out-cred each other (is being a foster parent more noble than having a handicapped child?)
- Whichever candidate is most desperate will bring up Newt’s love of weddings (ahem).
- If Rick Santorum doesn’t have ninja-quick reflexes, someone will steal his great line about marriage and families being at the heart of our economic woes.
- Someone, at some point, will tell Ron Paul he’s crazy.
- We will find out who is more concerned with being Romney’s VP than being president. Will anyone lay a hand on Mitt’s empty seat or will they all ignore the fact that he didn’t have the courage to face this forum?