Support the Troops with a Parade
Finally, after nine years of deployment, the last of our troops finally left Iraq last week. Yet, the Obama administration had planned no parade to welcome home our brave soldiers, sailors, Marines and guardsmen.
This is unconscionable, and the height of liberal hypocrisy.
Stringing together some thoughts I shared the other day on Twitter, allow a moment for each one to sink in.
- For years, we heard liberals say “we support the troops” then urge bringing them home. Now that they’re home, support them with a parade.
- Shorter liberals: we support the troops, as long as they’re far away from us.
- Hey liberals! You always said you love the troops so much you wanted them back here. Now, they’re here, no parade. Where’s your outrage?
- The vets returning home get minimal news coverage now. But during the war, we got monthly Iraq death counts on the evening news.
- The media screamed censorship to get access to Dover AFB to show soldier coffins. Let’s see the same fire at showing troops come home alive.
- Liberals only “support the troops” when there’s a political advantage. It’s like saying “with all due respect” before disrespecting someone.
- The end of the war in Iraq now reveals all the liberal crap we got while Bush and our troops showed courage was just a bunch of lies.
- Obama gives speeches on Veterans’ Day. He leaves wreaths at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Yet, when our troops come back home, he’s AWOL.
- Our brave troops made sacrifices for all of us. Where’s Obama’s sacrifice? You’re the commander-in-chief! Get out of Hawaii. Give a parade!
- Regardless of liberal and media hypocrisy that’s laid bare by all this, our troops need to know most Americans *truly* support them.
- All just ONE MORE REASON why we must unite. Unite to defeat Obama in 2012. Unite to throw out Dems. Unite to return real leadership to the US.
Once again, liberal hypocrisy has been exposed. All the “support” of the troops we’ve heard mouthed by Democrats the last decade has been shown to be mere lip service and political posturing. We need to keep this in mind the next time liberals express sentiments that go against their nature.
Turning away from politics, our heroes are home now. They should be welcomed with proud appreciation that magnifies, amplifies, the strong feelings from the scene in the video below. They should know how much their honor, courage, and sacrifice are appreciated by the majority of Americans.
Give our troops the parade they deserve.
Let them feel our appreciation.
They earned it.
Give them a parade now.
Thanks for reading.